Saturday, August 9, 2008

its not 8-8-08 anymore

I wanted to write a post on 8-8-08. I don't know why, but I just love it every year whenever the date is 3 numbers in a row, like last year there was 7-7-07 and the year before that 6-6-06 and... yeah, you get the idea. Its just a fun date :P

Can't you already tell this is going to be a completely random post?

So I've only been home a week. It has been a long week for some reason. I can't hardly believe that is was just a week ago that I was still in Europe.... my poor little brain cannot wrap around it.

I think I've almost got back into the groove of things. I did a lot this week, event wise. Tuesday night I went with Taylor to the 4H rodeo, where I acquired the name "traitor" and "un-american" since my brother decided to spread ugly lies about me, all in fun of course :P He had to tell two of his buddies I cam back anti-american, so another guy heard, who told another guy, and it just got around. Why they don't find someone else to pick on, I will never know.

Anyway.

Wednesday I got to go to Church and see more people :]

Thursday... I got into work. Find out my boss cuts my days, and also my pay... she only wants me to work Thursday, and possibly every other Wednesday I find out. Then later on into the morning I find out she may only want me every other Wednesday! Well I think... shoot, that just really isn't going to work. So, I have acquired one of these

A application... its so.. intimidating. I have never filled one out before. So it will be a new experience... I guess. I am applying at the Farm store, the same place my sister used to work at, at one time. Funny thing is, when I was in Europe, I was talking to my sister, and she told me I should get a new job, I told her I didn't know where I'd get one at, so she told me I could work at the Farm store, like she did. Well, I tell her I don't think I'll be following in her footsteps job wise (even though her first job was the place I am currently working) and well, here I am. If I get this job, I would have worked at two places she's worked. Crazy stuff. I don't know if I will even get the job, if it's the Lord's will I guess I will :]

So that I was. I went to a dance that night... had a pretty decent time. Went to see a movie with Jessica yesterday, we saw the 2nd Sisterhood of the traveling pants. It was... um, not all that great, least I didn't think so. It just made me really, REALLY want to go to Greece. Maybe one of these days :]

Umm... and today... was... uneventful :] I've enjoyed the wonderfullness of twizzlers

How could you not enjoy these wonderful... twizzly things!?

and then I took this picture


"Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
Luke 21:27

2 comments:

Joshua said...

An application! Ah! I hate those things. Good luck with that. You want to go get Skysites? There are plenty out there. It pays well and will really give you an adventure. How was the fair?

Anonymous said...

Oooo, just think of that 40% discount if you get the job!!!!! Me thinks I need a new pair of pants. ;)