Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh hi.

Just stopping in for my monthly visit.

It has been a busy summer! I'm working full time, and then I come home and get horseback for a little while. My little brother has a horse show coming up, so I'm taking what I remember from my horse show days and practicing with him. Plus working with a little colt I've had for awhile. My days have been staying pretty full!

I shot my co-workers/friends wedding last weekend.



It was a really small, but cute wedding! I'm really excited for her, she and Joe make a cute pair.

I took some newborn pictures of my new little niece today...

she's kinda cute, huh?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I've been really learning self discipline since I've been home. I'll be honest, I struggle with that day to day spending with the Lord, and not letting myself get to 'busy', it is an easy excuse for me, always has been...but the Lord shows me what I am spending my time with, and those little things I could cut out. Maybe getting up a little earlier. Honestly is getting up 30 minutes earlier than normal really going to kill me? no, not at all...though sometimes it seems that way when that alarm clock goes to buzzing in the morning. I spoke with one of the pastors wives at school before I came home, I was telling her my worries about coming home...about letting myself slip away from that daily devotional time. She just told me that it is simply about learning self discipline. Keeping in the Word, continually, and daily, even when I'm tired. Because there are going to be days when your tired, and and you make excuses. Being in the Word is what is going to keep me going, and what has been keeping me going. It is a simple truth, but so necessary. My missions class teacher emphasized having a daily devotional life more then anything, it will be our lifeline. I pray that the Lord makes me crave it, and He obliges.
Have that sweet daily Jesus time friends!

-s.

No comments: