Monday, September 5, 2011




Szia Friends!
First few days in Hungary have been busy! Friday orientation began, Saturday we finished it up, and Sunday (yesterday) the whole school spent the day in Budapest!
It has been so good to see old friends, and to meet new ones! We have a lot of new students this semester. I believe last semester there was only around 50-60 students, this semester it is around 100. We have people from England, Hungary, America, Romania, Pakistan, India, China, Slovenia, Germany, Africa, Austria, and other places! Very diverse, which I think makes it so much more fun!

I got registered for my classes, I am taking my Missions Class (of course) Acts, and I’m auditing one called Christian Living, then of course Evangelism and Discipleship on Friday (which is required for everyone) and about mid semester I’ll have three ‘block’ classes. Inductive Bible Study, Biblical Missions, and Speakers Week, and my language study of course. So I honestly have a pretty light load…I had plans to take a couple more classes, but after talking to Pam (my MTP class teacher) we decided maybe a lighter load would be better. That would give me more time to focus on my language study and whatnot. And maybe I can get ahead on my book reports (we have four this semester) plus hopefully taking guitar classes.

Also, I don’t know if you remember me mentioning it, but last semester we all get assigned to a servant hood somewhere in the castle. It is considered a class. There is AV, dining room, dish room, coffee shop, housekeeping, laundry, kitchen and landscaping. Last semester I had dining room, this semester I got coffee shop!!

I was pretty excited; I’ve honestly always wanted to work in a coffee shop. I’ve had a couple of shifts already, so I’ve learned to make a few drinks. I think it is going to be a lot of fun…I think the only time I won’t like it is during conferences when there is a ton of people. But hopefully I’ll have it down pretty good before we have one of those.
I’ve almost for sure decided that I’ll take Spanish as my language this semester…I just know I’ll use Spanish a lot. I know a little already, and we have quite a few Spanish speakers here. I’ll possibly change my mind…but I really think Spanish will be the best. See, my goal is to be fluent in at least two languages. I like to say that anyway, whether or not is happens…. Who knows? One language for sure though. Anyway, I feel like I’m babbling.
Yesterday we were up and out of the castle early. It is Calvary Chapels 20th anniversary of being in Hungary (so cool!!) so there was a big shindig in Budapest. We spent a lot of time there, did a little sight-seeing, went to the mall, and went up to the Citadel last, and right before we left got to end the night by doing a little worship. It was awesome, to say the least.

I'm just really excited to see what this semester holds!

{one of my favorite things about Europe...musicians on the streets!}

4 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

So excited to hear about what God has for you this semester! Sounds like you have interesting classes and yeah for Coffee Shop duty!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for coffee shop duty! Great pictures!
Sounds like its going to be a great semester!

Jaelyn Rose said...

I think it's so awesome that you went over there again! Seems like working at a coffee shop would just make you addicted to coffee! :)

Crystal Cattle said...

Your adventure sounds amazing. I found your blog through Jennifer's post about your trip. You must be on instagram - favorite app and I love your photos. My name is Crystal Cattle on there. Have a wonderful time this semester.
www.crystalcattle.com