I've been super blessed this weekend people, let me tell you.
Yesterday I woke up to fall. If you know me, you'll know fall is my most favorite season. I love the feeling in the air, the leaves falling off the trees, pretty much everything about it. I made my way to our Saturday morning brunch to find that we were having biscuits and gravy. Honestly, that alone would have made my whole day, but it got better. We were informed of a grape harvest festival going on in the village, so a couple hours later a group of us headed into the village.
It is a true cultural experience. The people dress up, and decorate their wagons. They go through town, then they all get out and eat, and dance.
We joined in on the dancing!
I cannot even express how cool it was. These kind of things are one of my favorite things about being in a foreign country, I love getting to be a part of their traditions and seeing their culture. Everyone was so nice, they offered us pastries, and when they started dancing pulled us in to dance with them.
After the festivities were over we headed back to the castle.
That nights theme for dinner was superhero/damsels in distress.
This morning I was able to go with a couple of sweet friends of mine with one of the families to church. It was such a blessing, it is kind of hard to go anywhere to church on Sunday's, so its really great anytime we get the opportunity.
So this has been my weekend. I'm a little sad it is almost over, but this time next week I'll be in Romania!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Much love,
-Sara.
6 comments:
I would have loved seeing all of that. And yall look so cute, what fun. Glad you had such a nice weekend.
Love you
~M~
What a fun time! Love all the pics. Sounds like you are keeping busy!
Take Care
Looks like fun!!!
LOL! That's one thing those little European communities know how to do...put on a festival! The people are so jovial! Such fun photos!
Great pics! How much fun that would have been. Thanks for sharing. Which superhero were you.
fall literally came over night... i'm enjoying its beauty too.
great pics!
Post a Comment