Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just some thankfulness.

Fall has slowly gone away here in Hungary...

with the cold days of winter creeping in behind it...

I’m sad to see the fall go, I love it! But I’m excited for winter and all the things it brings with it.

I got to kick off the Holiday season the weekend before last by going with a small group to Vienna Austria to do some shopping and visit the Christmas market! This is my second time going to Vienna, and I still think it’s so beautiful! The Christmas market was jam packed with people, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.














It was a really fun weekend, with lots of laughs, lots of food, and lots of starbucks.. ;)



{I love that you get your drinks there in actual mugs, and they have all the different sizes! it doesn't take much to make me happy people.}


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm hoping yall all have a blessed one! I’m going to be spending mine driving to Split Croatia! I'm going with 5 other people on an outreach there for the weekend.

I am missing home a lot tonight, and I'm actually wishing I was driving there to be with my family for the weekend, like most other college students. But just because I'm not there doesn’t mean I can’t be thankful! So today {even though it’s not thanksgiving yet} I'm going to list a few things I'm thankful for.

Here goes.

  • I’m very much thankful for my parents.They are pretty awesome, really. I'm thankful they've been so supportive of me coming here-even though I know its hard on them. I'm really just thankful for my family in general. I have a pretty great one :) We have our moments, but what family doesn't.
  • I’m also pretty thankful for skype {even though its temperamental!} Its allowed me to be able to communicate with my family a lot. Reading missionary biographies makes me even more thankful for these kinds of things. We have pretty amazing technology these days and it makes me 1000 of miles away from home a little easier.
  • I’m thankful for my family that the Lord has given me here…that is one of the most awesome and unique things about this school, we’re all just one big family.
  • I’m most of all thankful for Jesus; He is so good to me. I’m thankful His provision, and that He has a plan.
  • I'm thankful for being here, this all in itself is such a unique opportunity. We get to spend our days saturated in the Word, and have this time set apart to just get a firmer foundation in Christ.
  • Lastly {this is kind of along the same lines as technology} I'm thankful I'm getting to go home in two in a half weeks and that I'll be on a plane and it'll only be a matter of hours to get there...instead of a matter of months.
These definitely aren't the only things I'm thankful for, but they are some of the biggest things at the moment.

I wish yall all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Eat some pumpkin pie for me to, would ya?

much love
-s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Sister! Even if it will be spent a little differently than the rest of us!

Oh, and two and half weeks? That's insane.
I say we go picking when ya get back!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sara! I just think it's so great that you get to see and visit so many neat places...and spread the good news of Jesus too!