SO.
I'm home!
We got back Sunday around...8ish I think. It was definitely a pretty snazzy week! I can't really give everything in detail, cause it was all just kinda a blur! But I will do my best.
Sunday morning we left the church around 6 I think it was, and arrived in Houston sometime in the evening. The church we stayed at was in this really pretty part of town, and was quite large. There was 28 of us, so we were spread out in about four different rooms. Monday morning we all woke up at about 6, met in the chapel at 7:20 for a little devotion, and then off to San Leon.
San Leon was about a 30 minute drive from where we were staying, and was just right outside of Houston. We arrived at the house we were going to be working at for the next week.


I really don't have hardly any pictures at all, it was just hard to stop and take any. BUT Anna's mom went, and took like a bazillion pictures, seriously, over a thousand she said, and we are getting those on a disk sometime...so when we do, more pictures =] but anyway.
Everyday was pretty much the same, get to the work sight around 8, leave at 5. We all did different things though. Some sheet rocked, some insulated, some taped, and some did yard work.
The first day I pulled tons of weeds, raked, and did all that fun yard work stuff ; ) ohh yea and pulling up, tons, and tons, and tons of shingles in the dirt! and two layer of old carpet...it took hours...anyway, over the next few days I learned how to insulate, then how to sheet rock, and on the very last day how to texture. I liked sheet rocking, mostly drilling the screws in, yeahhh son. hahaha.
It was a great week, with a lot of hard work, sweat, and a little blood. I think more sweat then anything ; ) It was really hot, and really humid, so we'd just be completely drenched. I think we all might have lost a little weight, and I know we all got a little dehydrated. We had an ice cream truck that stopped by nearly everday, and that was always a treat. And another group was there that did the deck on the front, and built a porch on the front.
Wednesday night we visited a church, thursday night we went to Mardels and all got tshirts, Friday night we went to Joe's crab shack, and then to like an amusement park, fun stuff = ] Saturday we got to sleep in a little, then went to Galveston to the beach!!

So thats really all I'm gonna write about now, once I get the other pictures I'll do more, its sometimes easier to tell stories with pictures. And besides all that, the whole trip is just muddled together right now anyway... ; ) so anyway, below are just a few random pictures in no particular order...that is if my computer cooperates....
Benjamin! in Clay's pirate hat, and the glasses we found. ((speaking of which, we found so many things on the ground, old diapers, a knife with blood on it...yeah))




the whole group

end result

Sunday morning we left the church around 6 I think it was, and arrived in Houston sometime in the evening. The church we stayed at was in this really pretty part of town, and was quite large. There was 28 of us, so we were spread out in about four different rooms. Monday morning we all woke up at about 6, met in the chapel at 7:20 for a little devotion, and then off to San Leon.
San Leon was about a 30 minute drive from where we were staying, and was just right outside of Houston. We arrived at the house we were going to be working at for the next week.
I really don't have hardly any pictures at all, it was just hard to stop and take any. BUT Anna's mom went, and took like a bazillion pictures, seriously, over a thousand she said, and we are getting those on a disk sometime...so when we do, more pictures =] but anyway.
Everyday was pretty much the same, get to the work sight around 8, leave at 5. We all did different things though. Some sheet rocked, some insulated, some taped, and some did yard work.
The first day I pulled tons of weeds, raked, and did all that fun yard work stuff ; ) ohh yea and pulling up, tons, and tons, and tons of shingles in the dirt! and two layer of old carpet...it took hours...anyway, over the next few days I learned how to insulate, then how to sheet rock, and on the very last day how to texture. I liked sheet rocking, mostly drilling the screws in, yeahhh son. hahaha.
It was a great week, with a lot of hard work, sweat, and a little blood. I think more sweat then anything ; ) It was really hot, and really humid, so we'd just be completely drenched. I think we all might have lost a little weight, and I know we all got a little dehydrated. We had an ice cream truck that stopped by nearly everday, and that was always a treat. And another group was there that did the deck on the front, and built a porch on the front.
Wednesday night we visited a church, thursday night we went to Mardels and all got tshirts, Friday night we went to Joe's crab shack, and then to like an amusement park, fun stuff = ] Saturday we got to sleep in a little, then went to Galveston to the beach!!
So thats really all I'm gonna write about now, once I get the other pictures I'll do more, its sometimes easier to tell stories with pictures. And besides all that, the whole trip is just muddled together right now anyway... ; ) so anyway, below are just a few random pictures in no particular order...that is if my computer cooperates....
Benjamin! in Clay's pirate hat, and the glasses we found. ((speaking of which, we found so many things on the ground, old diapers, a knife with blood on it...yeah))
the whole group
end result
5 comments:
Looks like a great time, I can't wait to see more pics. Oh, and I wanna see your new room, too!! :)
Dude that looks so cool! Glad ya got back a-ok ;)
Good pictures. Looks like a good time.
~M~
What a blessing ya'll must have been to that place! Good job!
Sounds like such a fun trip! You never should have admitted that you learned how to sheetrock and texture...are you for hire?! I need someone to walk me through it. Just sayin...
Post a Comment