Monday, December 6, 2010

Rocking around the Christmas tree

19 days!!


Since our plans to go visit my brother last weekend were foiled with us all coming down with the stomach flu, we made a visit down this weekend! He's living down around Fort Stockton and Alpine Texas. This was my first time down that direction, and I absolutely loved it. It is gorgeous country. You get to drive through this big canyon going to his house, then he's kind of down in a valley.

Sunday he droves us around a little. We took us to this one place where we climbed up to the top of a hill.


There was quite the view!
I definitely don't think I'd have a problem living there. It would be fun country to ride in!
It was good getting to see Taylor, and I think we all enjoyed the weekend!

While we were down there, we got chop a Christmas tree! Nathan and I put it up this evening.



It is kind of big around, but I think its a pretty tree!



Good night friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'lls tree looks good! I had forgotten that you've never been in that country at all.

Ranch wife said...

Really like that last picture how did you do that?

~M~

Jaelyn Rose said...

The tree looks so good!! :) Glad ya'll had a good time down here! Next time maybe ya'll can stay a little longer!

Becky said...

My husband used to work on windmills and they went down to the Fort Stockton area quite a bit. He really likes it there, and keeps saying he'll take me there some time. It is beautiful.