Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wedding photography, and a love that could not be

I love weddings.

Especially one that is done glorifying to Christ, between two godly people.

With that love for weddings, I have always wanted to do wedding photography.

So my friend told me about a month ago she had a wedding for us to shoot. It was a friend of hers, and would be pretty small. I thought well, why not jump on that like a rat of a cheeto. I was a little nervous though, I have heard nightmare stories of photographing weddings. But we settled on doing it and made the plans. And since I can never have enough camera stuff, I decided I wanted to see about buying a new lens. Well that idea was quickly shut down whenever I discovered there was no way I could afford one. My friend then told me about borrowlenses.com. A nifty little site where you can rent lenses. I found this one

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L Mark II USM


I received it Friday before the wedding. It was love at first shot. Oh I want this lens so badly. Having to send it back Monday nearly broke my heart in two ((There I go with being over dramatic again)) but really, it was beautiful.


So Sunday we met the bride at her home to snap a few shots of her getting ready.






((Her engagement ring))




((Photo credit: Jessica Thatcher))






The ceremony.



Honestly we were a little disappointed in the ceremony ones. We had no good lightening whatsoever. There were two big windows, but they were covered. So a lot of them came of kind of fuzzy, which there isn't a lot more aggravating then that. We definitely needed two tripods.



((Photo credits: Jessica Thatcher))
((Photo credits: Jessica Thatcher))

((Photo credits: Jessica Thatcher))

((Photo credits: Jessica Thatcher))



It really was a pretty wedding. The bride was as sweet as she could be, and the groom was just great. We had a blast photographing it. Kinda got an idea of what to do, and what not to do. We got some shots we really loved, they are no Jasmine Star but hey maybe one day!


Oh yeah and 10 days until Christmas!!
[You thought I forget huh?]

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are great, good job to both of you!!
I'm sure that was tons of fun.
I go crazy when I get to taking pictures like a photographer.. :/ and then I catch myself. Ha! And try to back off some, I love babies, they just make good practice. But it's ALL fun!

Anonymous said...

These are great, sister!

Shelby said...

Wow! those turned out great. I especially like the rings in lilly.

Anonymous said...

they look good!

cottonpicker said...

You did a GREAT job! You should be proud!

Countrygirl said...

Ya'll did a great job! She's a beautiful bride and you captured it with photos! And I'm trying to get the snow to come your way but it's not cooperating!