These are such fun girls, and they bless me so much!
We got to Eger Friday night, went to the mall, and met up with the people from the church, grabbed a bite to eat, then we got to walk around a little before we went to our apartment.
We then were able to go our little apartment in the church that would be our home for the weekend.
Saturday morning we got up, and met up with some people from the church, and we drove to a village about 20 minutes from Eger. We came to a community center type thing(which I think someone said was an old theater of sorts) we set set up, and then we ended up having about 10 kids come, and a couple of adults.
We had such a fun time with the kids! We did a bible story, and a skit with them, about the paralytic that Jesus heals in Mark 2:1-12 We did a craft... and then it came time for me to get up in front of these kids, on a 12 string guitar, (which was missing a string, so it was actually 11 strings)) and attempt to play some songs
'This is the Day' 'Father Abraham' 'This little light of mine' and 'Hallelujah' in Hungarian, with the help of Lynn.
I was terrified, and had to keep reminding myself these were just kids...but when you are singing in a complete different language, and very insecure about your pronunciation, it can be a little terrifying. But it ended up being really fun! I don't know if they understand me, but they didn't seem to care. I definitely want to practice more and get it some of them down.
We had them make pencil people, they drew faces and glued them on the pencils...then we told them about how with the eraser on a pencil, God can erase our sins.
We played some games outside afterward
After a few hours we headed back to Eger, and we got to walk around a bit. Eger is a beautiful! But I've really just come to the conclusion that all cities in Hungary are.
((These confession booths just line the wall))
We visited this Cathedral, which is the third biggest one in Hungary.
We met up with an English Club back at the church, and spent the rest of the day with them. A couple of the girls shared their testimony, we ate pizza, played some games, and just talked with them.
Later that night we cleaned up the church office, it was a mess!
((Callie Denny photo's))
We finished up Sunday morning, went to church, went to eat ((I feel like all we did was eat)) and came back!
Ok, well it is 15 minutes until curfew so that is all the detail I'm able to go into. My brain is overloaded as well, I have pretty much lived in the library this week, and that is where I see myself all this week.
4 comments:
It looks so pretty over there. Love it.
~M~
Gorgeous photos Sara!!
Such beautiful pictures Sara! Looks like you are having a good time!
Great pictures! Sounds like a fun weekend!
Post a Comment