Sunday, March 6, 2011

A couple things I’ve decided:
1. I want to be Hungarian, I really do. Does that make me sound un-American? I’m sorry. I love being American, I promise that I really do, but I’d like to be Hungarian to…can I be both? I actually would probably be content to just speak Hungarian. But really, I am proud to be an American, just want to clarify.

2. I am going to adopt like 10 kids…maybe not, but something like that.

My theme of the week and what will probably be my theme of this semester is surrender. The Lord is really working on me in that area, intensely, and it hurts, but it’s good. We like to make plans, and I have always made them. I wish I could describe the intensity of it. We talk about surrender a lot, I think, but it has become an intense reality here. See how many times I’ve used to word intense? Yeah its intense. We had talked in Nehemiah class one day about the things we hold onto with such a firm grip, and I know that is me. I see how many things I am holding on too, but you know what? My life is not my own. Coming to accept that has not been easy, and I am still working on it. This has all been a daily thing, like in Luke “take up your cross DAILY” On devotions Wednesday one of the pastor’s wife’s gave it, one thing she said was “reckon yourself dead” and it’s so true. Along with that, is what we talked about in Missions Class Thursday…counting the cost of being a missionary. She touched on a lot of stuff that I had thought about…but not REALLY thought about, but that is something to talk about another day.
So we visited the orphanage again Saturday, it was such a fun time. There were three girls that remembered me and came up and gave me a big hug. I wish I could bring them home with me.





Here are just a few pictures I took on a walk the other day.

I love the farms, it gives me a little bit of home.


I would drive this car.

Some friends.



I felt like I had a lot of other things to write about, but most of it just stays up swirling in my head, maybe it will make it out one day... : )

1 comment:

Ranch wife said...

If the wind and dirt don't blow over there I might want to move over there. Terrible today..:(

Love the pictures and I want to adopt a couple myself. Maybe not 10. This house is not that big. But two would be nice. Too quite around here with just us and N.

Love ya
~M~