Sunday, September 7, 2008

Well. Work has been good :] I had my first day Wednesday, worked from nine to five, then worked Friday from eight to five, and then yesterday morning. I have met quite a few people, mostly the guys that come in a whole lot, like the old guys :P Saturday morning I met the old fellas that come in at like seven and sit around and drink coffee. One of them I ended up talking to whenever he came into the store later in the morning, and come to find out he is the fella that built our kitchen! pretty cool :] LeAnna you were right, I do get to hear stories!

I'm beginning to learn where everything is at, so now I can kind of actually help people whenever they come into the store asking for something. I usually have to end up hollering at Caroline (the other lady that works in there) and asking her where its at. Its usually the plumbing stuff that gets me. And then there's checking people out... I can... kind of do it. But I do have difficulties. Being horrible at math doesn't help at all :P but I am slowly learning... I think.

So yes, I think its going to be a good job. I'm glad to be working, and it looks like I'll be getting some good hours.

That is pretty much all that is going on. Maybe I will have something more interesting to write about on a later date. I'm going to go fall asleep to the awesomeness of Aaron Watson now... or maybe Reckless Kelly.

:]



imp

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

Ya gotta love those old fellas! I would get totally confused by the plumbing too. Like, I learned recently that there are "male" and "female" plumbing parts?!?!? And they have t's and elbows and other joints. Way too much info for me, thankyouverymuch. And I hear ya about checking people out, I hate hate hate counting money back to people and being in charge of taking their money. One time I worked concession stands at the fair (well I did it for several years) and I was a nervous wreck every time they made me man the window, because I had to add up their order (a lot of times they wanted us to do it without a calculator because it was "faster" HA!) and take their money and count change back to them. UGH. I have to say that is where I first learned how to count money back to people in the correct sequence. Comes in handy for those yearly garage sales we have.... :P
Glad you're enjoying the new job though, that's what counts in the long run!