Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well 'ello there!

I've been meaning to post for like...a week. Buttt just haven't gotton around to it...typical me eh?

So I got a call last Thursday evening, from Anna, the youth leader at the Presbyterian church, asking if I could house/dog sit for them on Friday until Tuesday night. Well I told her sure, so Friday after going to the dentist I packed up some stuff and headed to her house. It was nice cause my workplace is in the same town, and its a real small little town so I could just walk to work if I wanted. I really thought I wasn't going to have any problems, and I didn't really except for the first night. The dog I was watching is a chihuahua, I've met this dog before, several times and she had no problems with me. Well she did that night. I walked in the door and she went crazy, went to yapping at me and then went and ran underneath Anna and Kyle's bed and sat under there and barked, then when I went to try and get her out she growled and tried to bite me! This went on for about two hours. I would go in and try to lure her out and all I got was snarling and snapping. It was really bad too whenever it got real dark and I didn't have the light on and whenever I looked underneath the bed all I saw was these evil little glowing eyes, and white teeth snarling at me.


Geeze don't know what I ever did to her.

Well anyway after awhile I just left her alone and figured she'd come out whenever she was good and ready....I knew she needed to get out though, cause Anna and Kyle had left at 4 that morning, and it was about 6 in the evening. She didn't even end up coming out until 2:00 in the morning! I was laying on the couch asleep and then I hear her and wake up, then she comes and jumps up with me and just acts like she loves me.

After that little episode we were the best of friends and she just acted so happy whenever I came home. Such a strange little critter. That was pretty much the only going-ons. I wasn't ever able to get used to people driving by while I was trying to sleep, people would be going by at midnight! and not just one or two cars, and bunch! do people not believe in sleeping anymore? I mean my goodness.

Monday I went with my sister and her friend to go shopping. It was a fun trip, but we all got real tired and I didn't end up getting that much stuff. I'm pretty much a horrible shopper, and just really couldn't find anything I liked! Its very frustrating...but whatever. I went to Best Buy to look at cameras, and pretty much drooled over the Nikon D80 and Rebel Xti. I found the Rebel Xsi though and really liked it. I just couldn't decide though, I called my mom and had her look at it on Amazon to read reviews and see if it was any cheaper, and sure enough it was and had real good reviews too. Soo...I went home and orded it =) what can I say, just can't resist cameras and I've been wanting and SLR for quite some time. I got it in the mail Friday. I really like it, and am just trying to figure it all out right now. Wish there were more things to take pictures of out here...but I did go out yesterday and take some of the horses, mostly to just play with aperture, shutter speed and all that jazz. I think I'm going to really like it!

There is just so much to learn, think it is going to take me forever!

Oh and I got a new pickup! =) well not like a "new" pickup. But my brother got a new one, so I got his old one, this pretty little thing.

I kinda, sorta, like it a whole lot.


Well anyways, I have stuff that needs to be done, so I had better hop to it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New camera's are sweeeet! I have a great digital one that take amazingly good photos and it was a SUPER zoom!! I wuv it ;) have fun I'll be expecting lotta new pictures posted, eh? haha!!

LeAnna said...

I used to house/dog sit all the time and I LOVED it! All except for the time I had to house/puppy/chicken sit and the puppies had ring worm that I had to treat every day. NOT cool! Plus they pooped and peed everywhere and were generally just gross.

Love the horse picture! I would love an SLR, but I don't think I have the time to figure one out, so I better wait 'till my kiddo is older and my brain cells have had a chance to replenish their supply, ha! :P

Can't wait to see all the pics you're gonna churn out!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Wow...cool camera.. I'm with LeAnna, I'm not sure I can figure out all the "stuff" you need to know to operate it!! Love the new pickup. Can't wait to see what cool pics you have to share!!!

Countrygirl said...

If you lived closer you could house sit for us too. Kaleb has lots of folks he feeds for - some of them pay really good.
I love the windmill picture. Let me know what you think of your new camera. I am looking at getting another - leaning towards the canon rebel, but just don't know.