My brother in law was invited to go down to a bronc riding in Seymour Texas on Saturday. So we all headed down there Friday. Went to my grandma's house and stayed up until about 1:00 talking and such. The next morning I slept in until about 8... So I was a bum, I don't care. It would have been only 7 here at home... so we went and had some breakfast. Just kind of sat around and talked. Took showers.
We had our smaller cousins with us. Daylynn, Laurie and Jared, so I took them out on the deck (my grandma has a ... uhh... pond I guess you could say out behind her house) and there is a very nice deck out on it. So I wanted to take the kiddos pictures. And my grandma has a Nikon D80 and she let me use it :) very nice. We left at 10:30 for Seymour and got to the rodeo grounds at 11:00. The actual bronc riding started at 12:00. It was fun, I enjoyed watching it. But they drug it out until really late. And John didn't get a score cause he blew a stirrup, that really stunk. It was a stupid rule... but whatever, I'm not going to get bitter over it. Anyways. At like 3 or so we went to DQ and had a hamburger, least me and Taylor did. Then we had some ice cream :) yum. We headed out to my grandparents (my dads parents) stayed out there for awhile.
After awhile me, Taylor, John, and Jennifer loaded up and went back to my grandma's to get ready for the dance. It was somewhat funny cause when we got to the rodeo grounds there is a building right before you enter the rodeo grounds. And we thought that was where the dance was at... and we walked in and it ended up being a wedding reception... we uh... felt kind of stupid. Well we found where the actual dance. It was... not that great. They had a live band and that was pretty cool. But there weren't really anybody there me and Taylor's age, pretty much everybody was drunk. It just wasn't that great. My cousin Sharria showed up though with some of her friends so I atleast had someone to hang out with. Then she had me dance with one of her friends.... But yeah it just wasn't the greatest dance. Jennifer and John enjoyed it though. We got home at 12:00, crashed. Woke back up at 8... again.... oh well. Then... what did we do... we sat around eating breakfast and talking for awhile. I took pictures of Jennifer and John, and my mom and dad. And some of granny. She gave me a little Nikon she had, a Nikon cool pix, 5.0 MG 8xoptical zoom. I really like it. So then we all got ready, packed, and left. We went out to my granddads old place. It was extremely sad. I hadn't been out there since he passed away, so it had been about 4 years.... we hung out there for awhile. Went down to the Brazos river which is behind the house a ways. Then we got on the road. I drove some of the way, and man the wind was blowing like crazy! I didn't like driving in it at all. We got home at about 9:00. And it was coooooold. A northern had blown in... and... dang! haha. So that was pretty much it. It was cold today too, I had a ton of clothes at work today... So I'll end this long, and boring post. Sorry it's not more interesting.
1 comment:
You always say that your posts are boring. I read them and I enjoy them so I guess you are saying that I am a boring person. That makes me feel bad. Your posts are fine and I enjoy reading them. Your grandma had a D80! That is so messed up. Did you tell her that your really good friend really wants one? haha, yeah, right. Glad you enjoyed most of it. I should probably blog now. Enjoy New Mexico. It is better than you realize.
Joshua
Post a Comment