Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Morning with a little brother, and chores,

This morning my mom left for her quitling class which is every other week... I think. My daddy was gone, and Taylor was gone day working again. So that leaves me home alone with Nathan. For the entire morning. With a chore list:
Nathan:
Take out chicken scraps
Feed Dogs
Pick up trash in bad and put in trash cans
Clean water trough at barn
Put up your clothes
Make your bed
Dust the living room and your bedroom
Give Ginger and Sugar a bath.

Sara:
Clean Kitchen
Mop bathroom and kitchen
Vacuum
Clean your room, that means dust the shelves and such
Get your clothes together for the trip to Texas
Finish the cookies
Clean the tub after the dogs have had their bath

Both get some school done.

Okay, easy enough. I was going to do most of those things anyways. I'm just really glad she already had dinner cooking. So anyway lets get started. Nathan rolls out of bed at.. 8:00 I think.
He takes awhile to wake up. He is not a morning person, and can very cranky whenever he wakes up. He gets woke up and wanders the house aimlessly. I tell him "Nathan get some breakfast I need to get the kitchen cleaned up." I get a "Okay, okay." in response. He wanders around the kitchen going through the cabinets forever and just going through the cabinets over, and over. Finally he says.

Nathan: "I'll just have some cinnamon toasties."
Me: "Nathan I don't think there are any."
Nathan: "Yes there are."
Me: "No Nathan I don't think there are very many."
(He looks in the bag)
Nathan "Oh."
Me: "Have some rice crispies."
Nathan: "They are old."
Me: "No they aren't."
Nathan: "Yes they are we've probably had them since the first of the summer!"
Me: (rolls eyes) "No we haven't we've had them two weeks. And besides rice crispies can't get old." (okay so I don't really know if they can or not, but whatever)
Nathan: "Can't I just have a couple of cookies."
Me: "For breakfast!?! No!"

He finally decides to get the rice crispies. I start to clean. I start witht he living room. I get it all picked up and such. And pick up Nathan's dirty socks... this child always, always leaves his dirty socks everywhere. He doesn't believe in wearing clean ones. So he take them off, stuffs them in the sofa cusions, under the coffee table, leaves them on the kitchen table, coffee table, places such as that. I don't know what is with this kid. Me and my mom both tell him all the time to pick up his stinkin' dirty socks! weirdo. Anways moving on I get the living room all picked up (It was a a horrible mess by the way)



It was then like 9:00 and I realize that Ginger isn't around... hmm odd. I ask Nathan where she is, he doesn't know. I holler for her. Nothing. I go into Nathan's room and call her. I see movement under the covers, and hear a tap tap. "Ginger get out of bed." she sticks her nose out. "Come on Ginger get your lazy butt out of bed." she finally comes comes slinking all the way out.

So I put her outside and walk into the kitchen and Nathan is staring off into space. I say. "Nathan get to eating." He just looks at me... Then starts to eat.
I start vacuuming. He comes running into the living room. Jumps onto the sofa, starts jumping up and down and does the ape man, beating on the chest thing. I screech at him over the vacuum cleaner. "Do not jump on the sofa and go get some clothes on! it's 9:00." Well he doesn't. He grabs a pillow in his teeth and starts swinging it around. Then he leaps of the sofa still swinging the pillow in his teeth. And then starts beating the floor with the pillow... why? I have no idea. Maybe he was imagining it was me. So I tell him again to go and he finally goes in and starts getting dressed. I get done vacuuming and he emerges from his room. I tell him what his first thing is on the list. I move on to the kitchen. This is what I had to clean.

Wonderful huh? I get busy. Nathan comes in after awhile. I read him off more stuff to do. He whines about it but goes and does it. A little later he comes in again. I tell the list says for him to go clean the water trough.

Nathan: "I don't want to."

Me: "Well you have to do it anyways."

Nathan: "I don't know why I have to clean it out! Why can't you!?"

Me: "Because I'm doing stuff too."

Nathan stomps out the stoor, slams to door, turns around and glares at me... well don't we have a attitude.

I continue my task.
After awhile I'm done with the kitchen! I have it mopped and everything. Here is what we have

Ahhh much better :) I do the corn bread. During this I have Nathan throwing a fit cause he "Doesn't know how to make his bed." uh huh, yeah right. I get him to do it. And after even more whining and complaining I get him to wash the dogs. I hear a lot of stuff from in the bathroom where he's washing to dog.
"Sugar no!. No sugar stay still.".... "Sugar!".... "Sugar you stupid dog." Then he makes all kinds of noises, growling, huffing, such as that. Then I move on to the bathroom. I walk in, there is water all over the floor, seriously. Of course the badtub is filthy. There are dirty clothes, and like 3 wet towels all over the foor. The wet towels and wet floor I can figure out... the dirty clothes all over the floor, I just can't figure that out. They were all in the hamper this morning... I'm thinking, Nathan. Well I get that all cleaned up, bleach everything. Scrub the tub with comet. Mop. Get the corn bread out of the oven. And now... I'm writing this. Waiting for my dad to get home so we can eat. I guess I should finish do my final task... school... yuck. Then maybe this afternoon I can go ride, after I finish the cookies..... oh and do my room... dang.... Well... I'll end another long post. Adios.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! That is hilarious!!!!

Joshua said...

Very clean kitchen! Crazy. My kitchen doesn't get that dirty. It isn't as big either though. Your brother... he is going to be an astronaut to Pluto... sleeping for years in a space shuttle.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I love Nathan. LOL. Well sounds like you had... fun... Wish my mornings were that interesting. *sigh* I've just been working cattle horseback... Well, then again, with the 3 Amigos around, working cattle is ANYTHING but boring... Give Nathan a hug and a kiss for me! Teehee