My first day of what? Feeding the crew! Yep that's right. So it wasn't a huge deal. My mom had put the roast and beans in the night before. So all I had to do was. Make biscuits, make a salad, stick the already prepared dessert in the oven, make tea, get out 8 plates, forks, knives, and glasses, get out the butter, salad dressing, peppers, and salsa. Clean house, and do laundry... joy.
So I woke up this morning and my mom informed me she was going to quilting. What? Leave poor little ole me to feed to crew! I break into tears and say, "I'm only 15 and your leaving this major task for me! Oh! What will I ever do!" Okay, no I didn't do that. I mean seriously. That would have been childish. And I'm not childish, I'm a mature adult.... Y'all stop laughing! Ahem. No what I did was nod, and ask questions about what I needed to do. Then I sat atop the cabinet and listened while she instructed me in every little detail. And did I listen? Of course! this was a big deal I needed to know exactly what to do.
After I was instructed, and had a list of things to do so I didn't forget. My mama left. I look around the house... in complete.... uhhh... what's the word.... well I don't know. But whatever. I just looked around the house feeling somewhat... overwhelmed. I started cleaning. Living room first. It wasn't a horrible mess. Just needed to vacuum, and dust. Easy enough. Next the bathroom... hmmm not as easy. I get that done. Oh! laundry! clothes are in the dryer, and some in the washing machine. Okay not done yet. Move on. I open the door in my brothers room. The fellas come through there... why? well because... it's close to the bathroom where they can wash their hands. Yeah that's it. Anyways. I make sure they can get through the door and decide to clean it up later. Ya know it would be nice if Taylor would clean it up the DAY BEFORE so then I wouldn't have to do it. But that would be to easy.
Moving on. Yipes it's time to cook! It's 10:00 time to put the dessert in the oven. That goes in. I move on to making the biscuits. Pitchfork biscuits. Yum. I get busy... After everything is mixed up I get to put it on the cabinet and knead it. That's the fun part. It's all squishy... doughy... whatever. And yeah it's pretty cool :) I then cut them out with the handy, dandy biscuit cutter! thingy. Place them on the pan. And stick them in the oven. Yipes! the kitchen hasn't been cleaned yet! I get busy with that. Putting the dishes in the dishwasher, wiping down the cabinets. Then I get out the plates. I was feeding 8, but we always get out extra. So I got out 11. 11 plates, cups, forks and knives. Put it all on the table.
Oh! I need to take up ice! so I do that. And pile the many, many ice trays in the sink.
And oh dang. I haven't done my brothers room yet. I proceed to straighten it up. So it wasn't perfect. But I made it to where they'd be able to walk in, and have a place to set their hats. Oh and did I mention during all of this I had Nathan there. And I was trying to get him to do a few little tasks for me. It was like pulling teeth. I get feet stomping. And "I don't want to!" and "I don't know why I have to do this." and so on and so forth. He did get happy when I sent him out to burn the trash. He likes fire.... hmmm.... so maybe sending him outside with fire what the not smartest thing to do. But hey I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get everything done and he'd done it before. Anyways... where was I.... oh yes cleaning the brothers room. I got that done. Then decided I should probably make the salad. See the guys were supposed to come in and eat at 11:00 so I really needed to get everything done. I made the delightful, wonderful looking salad! Okay so it wasn't the greatest looking salad. But hello it's a salad! it's going to be in your stomach. I doubt those guys cared what the salad looked like.
After the salad was made I got everything out and had it ready. I then proceeded to cut up the roast and place it in a pan. So then the guys wouldn't have to cut it off for themselves. That wasn't the easiest task. It was pretty fatty, and my knife was dull. So that did take me awhile. Then finally! everything is done!!! the biscuits are out of the oven, along with the desert. So I pour the tea and wait..... and wait some more.... my food was getting cold. Finally about 11:15, or maybe it was 11:20.
Anyways they come in! Wash up, form a line and eat. And I sit there... watching hungrily as the consume their food. Some of the guys seated in the kitchen, some in the living room. And I have to wait for the to get done, so then I can eat. Don't get me wrong, I'm used to this. It's how it's always been. But I didn't have any breakfast and I'm really, really, hungry. Well after they finally leave I get to go eat! I walk in the kitchen.... and... there was hardly anything left! A few biscuits, hardly any meat, not to many beans, and the salad was almost gone too. Which surprised me cause they aren't salad eaters. So I eat a little. Then eat a lot of desert! :) hehehe. My mom comes home while I'm trying to clean up the lovely mess they left me. I don't understand these guys. They left a leaning, and I mean leaning pile of plates which still had food on them. It wouldn't have been good if they would have falling into the sink and broken. Not good at all. But they usually pile them in the sink, with food still on them and then sometimes, somehow water gets run over them. So then we have a mess of soggy food. Yuck. Well I get it cleaned up. And then relax! well I really didn't. I went outside and did some stuff, helped my dad. And did some various things. But yeah that's not very interesting.
So that was my story of my very first time feeding the crew! Hmmm I wonder if I'll ever have to do it again.... Guess I need the experience! My mom is good.... real good. Well I've made this post long enough. I'm outta here.
4 comments:
Sounds like you're a pro at feeding the crew already! I made a comment to your Mom about the possibility of hiring you out to feed my crew so that I could take pictures. Whatcha think? LOL! No answer needed there! If you head this direction, you'll want to ride with the crew! Can't say I blame you! Job well done!
Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.
Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.
Haha great job! I'm so proud of you! *happy tears* hehe... oh, I need help doing a slideshow on my blog. I'm technically challenged. =P Call me or email me instructions or whatever... Thanks!
Post a Comment