I've been going through Jeremiah. I came across a verse in chapter 3 verse 1.
"They say, 'If a man divorces his wife,
And she goes from him
And becomes another man's,
May he return to her again?'
Would not the land be greatly polluted?
But you have played the harlot with many lovers;
Yet return to Me," says the Lord.
I was thinking about the part that says Yet return to Me. How cool is it that even if we mess up, or fall away we can return to Him. He WANTS us too. He just loves us THAT much.
I also read in Lamentations. In 3:40-42
Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord;
Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven. We have transgressed and rebelled;
You have not pardoned.
It says examine our ways and TURN back to the Lord. Just think about that. He allows us to come back to Him. He could say after we've messed up are fallen away "Okay I'm done with you. You messed up, you fell away. Now your finished, go away from Me." But He doesn't! He loves us so much that He wants us to be with Him. He wants us to return to Him.
He has patience that I cannot even understand. Why He loves us so much that He wants us to be with Him.... even after we've fallen away... I just cannot understand it. He stands there with arms opened wide welcoming us back. Wow!
I have terrible patience. I think after awhile I'd just be like. I'm done with you. Forget it.
Thanks goodness He doesn't do that with us... I don't know. I can't even... grasp it. My small little brain cannot wrap around it all.
Even if we fall away and go after... money... are... whatever. All the different stupid things we tend to follow after. He'll still welcome us back. Return to HIM.
It talks a lot in 1 John about abiding in Him. He abides in us, and us in Him. He loves us so much that He wants a personal relationship with us. He didn't just place us on this earth and have that be it. No He wants us to enter into Him.
Why would He love us that much? I have NO idea. We've sinned, we've fallen away, we've as it said in the verse, transgressed, and rebelled, we've done so many different things. Yet He stills loves us. It's amazing.... more then amazing! there is no words to describe it all.
I just sit here... trying to write out my feelings, trying to put it all into words. And I'm not doing a very good job of it.
How can I even put it into words?
His love is powerful
His love it amazing
His love is everlasting
His love is wonderful
His love is incredible.
I can write those things... but I just CANNOT describe it. I try too... but I just can't. It's just too wonderful. He loved us to much that He died for us. There is no greater love.
I'm so thankful that He does love me. Nobody else in this world could love me. But HE does. And that is the only love I need. I'm grateful that He is mindful of me. I am so unworthy. So very unworthy... We don't need to forget His love.
The song I'm listening too right now put it well. My heart is overflowing with His love.
Now that I'm done... attempting to spill out all I've been thinking about I'll end this post. G'Night all.
Don't forget how much He loves you.
5 comments:
Ah, wonderful. His love is wonderful. Indescribable! Sometimes when you're outside looking up at the stars, or you're driving through the rain, or you're out on your horse in the middle of the field and it's just you and Him you can feel His love, huh? It kind of just comes over you like this great big hug and it fills your heart with this near in-expressible longing to just explode because of His goodness, His grace and His power. It's like you say, there are no words for it, but you can feel His sweet presence just saturate you, and it has to be the most amazing thing ever. Something I want to always yearn for, I don't ever want to get to a place where I don't miss that sweet presence of Jesus that pretty much just soaks through all of the rough feelings of the day, all of the poo you've dealt with, and it just holds on to your heart in a way that nothing else can, or ever will.
I think you did a great job of expressing what you wanted to say, and I've been there a thousand times. You want to let your cup overflow and sometimes there just aren't the words for it. :) But you know what? Your words reminded this girl's heart of how she loves her Jesus so much, and sometimes just saying His name does more good than you'd ever know. Be blessed girly, and thanks for sharing your heart. :)
-LeAnna
You grasp it pretty good. God's love is so far beyond what we can even imagine. Look what He did for us with His son? He must be very happy with you! Keep up His wonderful work.
Wow, Sara. That was so good for me, thank you for sharing. :-) What LeAnna said hit it on the nose too.
Sometimes we think it would be easier to see Him "face to face" as Moses did, but He allows the little essences of who He is peak through Creation and circumstances that prove His love. That prove His presence and awareness in everything we do. There isn't anything we could do to fall out of His sight--so there are greater things when we cannot see Him. "Blessed are those who have not seen Me, and yet believe."
This gave me a peace this morning Sara, I've not known in a long time. Thank you--love ya!
Aww...thanks. We took those at Giant City park with my old Canon T60. I love it, even though it's old. It still takes pretty pictures. LOL--isn't she so stinkin' photogenic. And she hates her picture taken. :-)
Sounds a lot like what I try to say sometimes. I try to say something that I am feeling but can't get it across in less than five paragraphs. You did well. Thank you for sharing and you are right.
Post a Comment