Monday, December 31, 2007

Say goodbye to 2007 and hello to 2008!

Well it is about to be January 1st 2008... wow. I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by! A lot has happened in just one year. It's been good. I decided to go through all the months and list at least one thing that happened.


January: I almost quit my job. Justin started the youth group at our church.

February: It was a sadder month. My aunt past away, and that was heartbreaking. But I did meet my good friend Jessica this month.

March: I went to Mexico on my first mission trip! I met a few people. And got to know some others pretty well.

April: Well I don't have anything for April.. nothing to excited must have happened. I did have to talk in front of a bunch of people about the Mission trips. Yipes.

May: We went to my friend Joshua's graduation. I went to a woman's conference with our church.

June: Our youth group has a awesome paintball game. And we went to the mountains with our youth group for a weekend.

July: We went to Mexico a second time! I got to know a couple of other people.

August: Us as a family went camping. Spent some time at the county fair... and I got my drivers permit.

September: Spent a interesting weekend with Jennifer and John. And found out something sad about a friend.

October: Spent a little time at the Eastern Fair. Went a bronc riding in Seymour Texas.

November: Spent my very first night alone. Went to the Amarillo ranch rodeo. And I fed the crew for the very first time. And got spacers.

December: Got my braces. Went to Mexico a third time. And... turned 16!

See haven't I had a interesting year? I got to go two awesome weeks and a weekend in Mexico. Met some really cool people. Don't get me wrong it hasn't been perfect. There has been some not so great stuff that went on. I've made plenty of mistakes. Had to deal with stupid drama. And numerous other things. But I got through them.

My relationship with Christ has grown this year, and that has been the best thing. I've learned about just how great His love for me is, how much He wants a relationship with me. How I am fearfully and wonderfully made. How I'd be nothing without Him, nothing at all. How I have to surrender everything over to Him. Doing my own thing just doesn't work out at all. He's has definitely been working on me this year. And I know He will continue too. There is more, so much more! It is exciting to think about.

But I do think about getting older. I just turned 16... It has finally started to sink in. People keep asking me if I feel different... well no not really. But whenever I think about it, it's just like.... dang. I'm 16! I will be 18 in two more years. Two more years that will probably fly by. I remember being a little kid and how I wanted to be older, couldn't wait to get older. It wasn't that I wanted to get older and leave the house. No I wanted to get older and stay home, never leave. Never get married. Ever. I mean c'mon boys were gross. I claimed that I would NEVER start liking boys. I liked it how it was. Where I could play with them. And we could have cake wars... and race... and all that other stuff. Never... right. Let's just say... I've come to hate that word. Stupid stupid word..... Anyways... now that I'm starting to get older I've decided I want to be younger again. Life was so simple. I could just play with my older brother and sister in the sandbox. And we could play ranch, of course Taylor had to always be the boss. And we played Laura Ingalls... and made zip lines... and threw cats off the hay stack in a parachute... that is other story to be told another time. We could play in the tree house...

It was just. Simple. Now... it's not. I'm not saying it is super complicated. But it is definitely more complicated then it used to be. Now I have to make stupid decisions. I don't like making decisions.... getting older is overrated....

It is just pretty crazy. And now.... another year is gone. I am another year older. But I am excited to see what the Lord has for me this year, and the next year, and the next year... and yeah ya'll get the point. Well it will be 12:00 soon... sooo................

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adios 2007!! Hello 2008!!!!

3 comments:

Joshua said...

The earlier years were easy. They were fun, but now they are memories. That is what everything becomes after a while. It may be sad from time to time but we get to move on to other things. I would NEVER like girls ; ) , I would make mesquite forts, hike all over the world, and I never had to worry about paying anything. It was easier, but there are now other things waiting to happen that will be better. Not easy, just better. Thanks for a great New Year's Eve!

Joshua

Anglican Mama said...

Hey girl--loved this post.
Me too...the past year has been one of the hardest in my whole 20 years. Makes you want to cling to your girlhood, shun womanhood, and go back to things when they were simpler. But you know what...maybe they weren't necesarily simpler, maybe we trusted with that childlike faith no matter the circumstances? Now, it's harder to rely on our Father for the greater things in our life--now, we want to run the show. But when we desire greater things (to grow, to learn) He will ask greater things. :-) But nothing ever casts us out of His will, or capability, or His love. All in the process of making us more into His image.
His blessings on you for this New Year, Sar. :-) Love ya!

Joshua said...

Post! Post! POST!