Yeah... So, after all this was over we finally got to the dancing! It got better as the night went on... though I do wish they'd have turned off the lights. I didn’t dance with anyone for awhile. Well, I did with Caitlin, we like to go out there and sing. Hehe. Then, I got asked by Mike. Well, not really asked. It was more of “Sara, come dance with me.” Then Joshua came and we danced several times… Oh, and he taught me the Waltz too. It was interesting. Then I danced with Sterling. I had joked with him earlier about not asking me. So, close to the end of the dance he came over grinning and asked. He’s pretty fun to dance with. I did the Macarena, electric slide, and that other one… oh, and the Cotton Eyed Joe… Okay, I attempted the Cotton Eyed Joe, I pretty much stink at it. But I still do it… It was a pretty fun dance, the last one was better. But I stilled enjoyed it. So, that is what I did Saturday night… got to bed pretty late… then had Church the next morning. I mean… that morning… yeah, it was midnight.’
So, that was that. Sunday was… uneventful. The sermon was really good, we’ve been going through Hebrews and it has been really, really good. And…. Yesterday was… uneventful. Just work, then youth which was very good =)
Today… hmmm… I got to cook dinner today. My mom had her quilting class, so, that left me to be the… head of the house? Umm… something, for… awhile. My mom mentioned that I could try and make the Buckaroo Bundles from Karin’s (Lovin’ Life at the end of the Dirt Road) blog. I thought, okay! Well, since we didn’t have frozen bread dough I was going to have to make my own dough. I started at… 9:30… I think. It was… overwhelming. I made a mess… a BIG mess. I hadn’t got the whole kitchen cleaned up from breakfast so… it was… messy.
We have...
The recipe.
Hehe, these eggs made me laugh. I've seen all the commercials for the egglands best eggs. And then I open the carton, and BAM! there are eggs with EB on them. The carton says they are supposed to be these great eggs... they are eggs. How can they be different from any other eggs? Do they feed the chickens something special or what? I wonder how they get EB on the eggs too. There must be like a stamp machine... that well... stamps them... or something. These are the things I wonder....
Fancy eggs go in the handy dandy Bosch.
Add some sugar, salt, and oil and you have this.
Then you have the yeast mixed in with the warm water
Add 6 cups of flour and the yeast...
Its swirling!
Time to knead it... Before...
After!
Its a big blob... a blob of... dough.
In the bowl it goes.
Ahh! there! I did it.
And now they are all cooked.
I hope I did everything right! It took me forever! I'm really slow, chopping up the potatoes took me ages. I cooked them in the Wok, like in Karin's recipe. Hehe, the Wok. That just cracks me up... wok... haha... hahahaha. My dad informed it was a Chinese food thing. Pretty funny name. "I'm cooking in the Wok!." Hehe, okay. I'm done. Ahem. Along with the Buckaroo Bundles I steamed some veggies, and cooked some corn.
It ended up being an all morning thing. Mainly cause I'm slow. I had to wash a bunch of dishes... and I had flour, and dough, and egg, and potatoes, and cheese, and... just... stuff, everywhere! I was feeling very overwhelmed. Then my brother came in and asked "What are you making for dessert?" Dessert! its stinkin' 11:30! Yes, I ended up making dessert. I whipped together some brownies. They aren't very good... I didn't think. But they didn't seem to have any problem eating them. Uhhh... then... we ate my delightful meal! Well... I don't know if it was delightful or not. But my dad liked it, and I guess Taylor did... Nathan didn't. But Nathan is just picky so it doesn't bother me.
After we ate I had the rest of the house to clean. So, I did that. Then, school took up the rest of my afternoon. Stinkin' history had 26 darn questions... ugh. And now... I sit here... I'm kind of tired. I'm going to be crashing soon. I'm taking my drivers test tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I definitely don't want to be sleepy during that. I am excited =) Lord willing I'll pass... I really hope I do. So, I'm getting out of here. Wish me luck! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
Adios.
2 comments:
I'm impressed! I cheat and use frozen bread dough for these (hanging head in shame). Hey, good luck with that driver's license test!
Mmmm... yeast. I am having a yeast craving now.
Joshua
Post a Comment