I'm not even sure packratness it a word... but whatever. So, I've been... scolded by three people,( whom shall remain nameless) for not blogging. *hangs head in shame* I'm sorry okay! I happen to have a life, and I've just been SO busy that I haven't had time to post... okay that is a lie. A big, fat lie. Ya'll all know that I have no life, and I don't stay that busy... sadly. No, the real reason is... well... I just haven't had a whole lot to blog about, and... I... haven't really been in the blogging mood... But I'm here now! So, I'm going to talk about packratness.
If you looked up pack rat in the dictionary you'd see my little brothers Nathan's picture right there. He is a pack rat. He collects tops from yogurt... and coke cans... and numerous other things. That is a pack rat. A pack rat is someone who keeps things that just need to be thrown away. A pack rat is someone who has all this... stuff, it can be anything, stored away in their rooms, house, barn... whatever.
I am not a pack rat.
Today I woke up and decided, I'm going to re-arrange my room! ....again. So, after filling my belly and doing the things that I do in the morning I proceeded to start picking up things off my floor, and doing all that fun stuff. Then, I had to pull the mattress out from under my bed. Yes, I happen to have a mattress under my bed... why? Well... because... when me and my sister shared a room we have bunk beds. When she up and got married the bunk beds went away and I got just a single twin bed... well, actually its called a day bed... I don't really understand why... I mean, you sleep on beds at night. So, why would they call it a day bed? Hmmm? I'm getting side tracked here. Anyway, so when the bunk beds went away there were two mattress, and the one had to go somewhere. So, it got placed underneath my bed. After much pulling and tugging and breaking the little handle thingy I get it out. Whew! Then into the living room it goes.
I then proceed to start moving the dresser. This is a massive dresser, and it is extremely heavy. My back is complaining right now. My mom comes in and decided to help. She looks at my room in... disgust. And you know what she called it? a pig pen. Yes, that is right a PIG PEN. My room is NOT a PIG PEN thank you. Ahem. So, she has me vacuum along the base boards, and vacuum up some cob webs that where up in the corners. Sorry little spiders for taking your home... and you life. *laughs evilly* Yeah, I sucked up a couple of spiders too. What!? I HATE spiders, with a passion. Just go ahead and call PETA if you want. After chasing, and sucking up spiders mama comes in and does a little touch up painting on the walls. Then, we move the bed. But only after I have to take a bunch of stuff off of it. Because "We wouldn't be able to move it with all that stuff on there." Well, fine. The bed gets moved, we vacuum. Blah, blah, blah. And you know what I got called?
A Pack rat.
Yes, that is right. A pack rat. She just put a knife into my heart. And.... twisted it. You cannot imagine the unbearable pain it caused me to be called such a thing! The tears I cried...! I am not a rat, and I am definitely not a pack rat! So... maybe I'm bad about not throwing things away... and sometimes have junk. But that doesn't make me a pack rat! She was making fun of me for keeping receipts! Receipts are good things to keep. Okay... so... maybe ones from Taco Bell, and Starbucks don't really need to be kept... I mean... I don't think I'll be returning food to them or anything... But I didn't keep them for any reason. Its just when I come home, I clean out my pockets and I put everything on my dresser, and just don't get to throwing some things away. So, that is where the receipts... and stuff, come from.
After being... insulted we went about finishing re-arranging the room. The desk and book shelf got moved to the north wall, bed to the east wall, and the dresser and mirror to the south wall. Oh, and you know what I had to do! I had to crawl on to the top of the dresser so, I could make my world map even. It wasn't in the center of the wall, and wasn't even... I would have never given it a second thought. I thought it was fine. But, she didn't seem to care what I thought.
The furniture finally got all straightened out. Then it was time for me to go through stuff. I knew I had clothes that I'd out grown so, I went through all of them. And then my two bottom drawers in my dresser had some stuff in them. No, not junk. Very valuable things! Seriously. Just because some... well... most if it ended up getting thrown away does not make it junk! Now, everything has been gone through... wellll... not everything. The desk has yet to be ventured into to. But that'll just have to wait another day. My book shelf has been dusted, and everything put back on it. So, my room is pretty well done. I still have some clothes I need to hang up... And some... valuable things that need to be put out in the pickup so it can go to the Salvation Army. And... well... I think that is just about all I have to do.
I need to go get ready for Church now... I'll probably think of importance later that I failed to mention... I do that sometimes. But, I reckon this has been a long enough post. But hey, ya'll bugged me to post. So, I did. Alright. I'm leaving now.
Let it be known to the world that... I AM NOT A PACK RAT.
5 comments:
So are you implying we who blog do not have a life??? I see how it is. I see. That's okay, I'm only deeply wounded FOR LIFE!
Not really, I'm just joking. I'm glad to know you aren't a packrat. Phew, I was worried there for a while.
NOT a packrat? I am not so sure I believe that. I was there. Remember? Thanks for the post though! I am a packrat. I admit it. Just ask Taylor. I did get red of a lot of stuff now though. Good luck with the junk... erm, valuables letting go of.
Joshua
... Welllll... Ummmm... PACK RAT! Lol okay okay jk... I tend to accumulate alot of things myself. I need to go through everything with two trash bags - one for Salvation Army, and one for trash. But see, that is one good thing about your small room. It takes less time to clean and move things around. Mine's bigger than our entire kitchen! So it's a huge pain to rearrange and wholly clean it. I know! I'll invite you over for a sleepover... and then we CLEAN. bwahahaha!
You are a packrat. I lived with you for 21 years.Actually,that is wrong..I've lived with you for 16 years...cause you were not born at the same time as me. And yes,you are a packrat. Remember rocks? You had rocks EVERYWHERE!
Rocks! Go Rocks! I collect rocks and you all can just deal with it. It is ok Sara, don't let big sis be mean.
Post a Comment