Hello friends!
I’ve wanted to post for a few days, but my internet ran out. It does that, and then you have to wait a few days for it to build back up, and then limit my time on it so it doesn’t run out again. So if you don’t hear from me for a long period of time…that is probably why…or I’ve been carried off by a band of gypsies…
:)
So I wanted to tell you a little more about my classes…but I don’t really know where to begin. To just be blunt, I love them. There isn’t a class I don’t enjoy, or one I don’t get something out of every time. I honestly love being in a class room ((never thought I’d hear myself say that!)) I sometimes don’t feel like I can get enough, and then I sit there and wonder how I’m supposed to process it all.
I’d have to say Nehemiah and our Missions Class are my absolute favorites though. I just love seeing Nehemiah’s life, and we talked about last week how he allowed God to stir him up, he was given this burden, he felt it, fasted, and prayed, and then he moved on. He didn’t allow himself to be guarded of the things of the Lord, but was open to them. That video I put up below was one he showed in class. With the question, what do you allow to stir you up? What impacts you? I think most all of us were pretty impacted by that video. Mission’s class is held in the teacher’s home, and we have coffee, and tea, and pie, and it’s more of just a casual environment. It is a lady that teaches it, and she has been on the mission field for years. She was in the Ukraine for most of it, with her husband, and then after he passed away she came here. It is going to be so great to get fed her years of experience in missions. Apologetics class is so interesting. We studied for a couple of weeks how to determine truth…we couldn’t just say “the Bible” but we really had to dig and think, and really it was just that we need evidence to back it up. Does it hold up over time? The used the illustration of gravity, gravity is an absolute truth, it is the same for every person everywhere, it never changes, and how do we know this? We test it. We studied the view of relativism…it is so crazy that people actually believe in it.
This week we are getting into the existence of God, and how atheism really fails logically, and doesn’t help us out at all. Because without God, there is no purpose in life, man is an accident, our mere existence is absurd. There would be no right or wrong, and man could just do as he pleased.
Then we have Romans, and the more I read it, and the more I’ve had to pick apart the verses I have concluded that Paul is just hard to understand! I love the book of Romans, but Paul is just all over the place in it, and it’s just been going to the teachers with a lot of verses and having them help me understand them. One of the teachers told me that he’d been a Christian for so and so many years, and there was still stuff in Romans he didn’t understand. So, it’s good, and I enjoy it, but it is challenging.
Besides those classes we have devotions Monday-Thursday, Friday morning is evangelism and discipleship class, where we are looking at different characters of the Bible and their examples, then we have our small prayer groups after. Then the weekend is just free. Weekend outreaches are starting to get put together, so I’m pretty excited about that. We also had home fellowships start on Monday night. I love, love mine, it’s a pretty small group, and it’s just a fun time of fellowship.
I feel like I’m writing a book, I’m sorry! I feel like there is a lot more I could tell you! But I’ll post a few pictures. I took a few in Vajta when I walked in Sunday, I’ll take more later on I promise!
I do have a prayer request!
I've had a cold and so I've been put in the sick room. I am not by any means on my death bed, and I feel pretty good today. But I have a croupy cough and all that good stuff, so I've had to miss classes today. And I'm really hoping I won't have to tomorrow. It seems like I've been constantly sick since I had mono last fall, and I'd really like my immune system to build back up fully. So for that, it's been going around here, so that nobody else would get it either.
2 comments:
Prayers for healing headed out across the pond. I so enjoy it when you share what you are learning in your classes and reading this morning's post, made me think that I hope Jim reads you blog. I've been attending services there these past few weeks and stirred up is a great way of putting it. Wish I could be stirred without becoming so weepy, but I suppose you need moisture in order to keep things from separating. Feel better soon and lastly - your photos are stunning girl. You are becoming a truly talented photographer.
Love the pictures. Your a student and didn't know it....:):)
Glad you are feeling better.
~M~
Post a Comment