We saw... "Horton hears a who." it was really cute, and funny! Now I want to go see Drillbit Taylor. Anyway, I was supposed to post about a country...
Hungary: (who would have thunk it?)
Hungary is located in East-Central Europe, the population is 10,300,000. When it comes to religion Roman Catholic is the majority, but there is also, Protestant, and Jewish. The capital is Budapest, which is actually two different cities, there is a bride that connects them, so it's Buda, and then Pest. Anyway.
Snapshot history, settled by the Central Asian Magyars in A.D. 896m Hungary became Catholic in the year 1000, and went on to become Christian Europe's front line in fighting against the Ottomans (Muslims from today's Turkey) in the 16th-17th centuries. After serving as co-capital of the vast Austro-Hunagrian Empire and losing World Wars 1 and 2, Hungary became a soviet satellite until achieving independence in 1989.
Hungary is known for it's paprika. They like spicy food. It is also known for its classic music.
Well, there is probably a lot more to say about it. But I'm getting tired.
I shall be writing more tomorrow.
Viszontlatasra.... in English... Good Bye!
1 comment:
LOL--thanks for sharing, Sara. Wow, I learned alot today! I will say I knew "prego", cause Phelisha says it allll the time.
Loved the picture too! Cwoot widdle cowzah.
Post a Comment