Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday....

Dang, this daily stuff is a lot harder then what I thought. Like yesterday, I thought I had plenty of time to post cause I didn’t think we were going to church, so at about 5:00 I sat down and starting writing, then at 5:30 my friend from church (who is also the girls youth leader) called and asked if I could go in because they really needed my help with the kids. So, I called my mom, go the ok from her, saved my post to a draft and took off. I get home at about 9:30, then I finish the post… well mostly, I didn’t get my country written about or anything, but that is because I really needed to go to sleep. And that is partly why that last post was such a mess, kind of jumbled up. I don't think this post is going to be any better.


Today… I… woke up at 4:00… ok, it was more like 4:20 or so. I woke up with my alarm clock, but just crawled back in bed. My dad had to come in and get me up. So I wash my face and such, get dressed, get my school books in my backpack, then wait around for breakfast. Daddy prepared me some breakfast :) Thanks daddy! He and Taylor had to be up because they were working cattle, I was really glad for that, if they hadn’t been I’d had to have scrounged around for something to eat, then had to have eaten all by my lonesome. How sad. Anyway, I wolfed down some eggs, bacon and a piece of toast, then off I went. It was pretty nice out, it wasn’t real cold and it was a clear sky so you could see the stars and moon. My pickup was a little cold though, and it takes forever to heat up. And it squeals whenever you first crank it up, it used to quit a minute after you start it, now you have to get it up to a certain speed before it’ll stop, it squealed all the way down the dirt road. Stinkin’ loud pickup. I turn on Air1, my most favorite Christian radio station and made the 30 minute drive to work. I get there at… 10 till 6. We load up the horses, and off we go. Starting out there was 5 of us in that pickup, then we picked up another lady so then we had 6, it was pretty cozy. Five girls and one fella. Poor, Joe.

We drive for… 3 hours, I think. At first I thought it was only two, but I think it ended up being three, maybe… I don’t know. We did stop once on the way to use the bathroom and get snacks and such. One we arrive at the blind school we unload the three horses, and then we saddle ‘em up, and then walk them around the place we’re going to be using next time we go. Then a bunch of the blind school staff come out and Terry (boss) tells them about the therapy we do, and such. Then we demonstrate how we get the clients on and off (I got to be the client) and also show how to get one off if one of the horses goes crazy or something, we only showed them this stuff because a lot of them will be helping us sidewalk. See, we have one person leading the horse, and one side walking (normally) but there at the blind school we’ll have to have two side walkers, so we’ll definitely need all the help we can get. After discussing all this, we have the staff get on the horses, just so they can kind of understand what we’re doing and such. After all this we discuss the schedule, which had kind of changed. We’ll go next week, but won’t go the two weeks after that, then we’ll start back up on the 23rd of April. I wish they’d just stay with something, good grief. Anyway, we get done there, stop at Kmart, go eat, then come back. We have to stop at a convenience store on the way back, and I thought we were going to get shot… seriously. There was this dude who was drunk, and high, and he just kept glaring at us and all… it was creepy. There was more to it then that but I won’t go into all of it. Anyway, we leave the convenience store and head home, one there we unload the horses, put the saddles and stuff home, discuss more schedule, then we finally get to go home! And now here I am. I have to go back tomorrow, for only half a day I hope. Then Monday we’ll going to start having adult clients come, they were coming before, but quit during the winter because it was too cold. They came on Thursday, but, well, they can’t since we’re going to the blind school, so for the time being they’ll come on Monday’s, then when the blind school ends they’ll come on Thursday. Whew, I’m confusing myself here. Ya’ll probably don’t really want to here about all this, but you don’t have to read it. It is my blog. So… yeah, I think the next two months are going to be busy, busy, busy. But that is ok. I honestly don’t mind working, but sometimes when we’re working like that everyone gets all stressed out and that just makes it miserable. But hopefully it’ll be ok. Well, enough about work.

Um. Poland:

Poland, officially the Republic of Poland, is a country in central Europe. Poland is bordered by Germany to the west; the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south; Ukraine, Belarus, and Lithuania to the east; and the Baltic Sea and Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave, to the north. The total area of Poland is 312,679 km (120,728 sq mi), making it the 69th largest country in the world and 9th in Europe. Poland has a population of over 38.5 million people, which makes it the 33rd most populous country in the world.

Many animals that have since died out in other parts of Europe still survive in Poland, such as the wisent, in the ancient woodland of the Bialowieza Forest and in Podlachia. Other such species include the brown bear in Bialowieza, and in the Tatras, and in the Beskids, the gray wold and the Eurasian lynx in various forests.

Poland is the most important breeding ground for European migratory birds. Out of all of the migratory birds who come to Europe for the summer, one quarter breed in Poland, particularly in the lake districts and the wetlands along the Biebrza, the Narew, and the Warta, which are part of nature reserves or national parks. In Masuria, there are villages in which storks outnumber people.

Though rates of religious observance are currently lower than they have been in the past, Poland remains one of the most devoutly religious countries in Europe. Religious minorities include Polish Orthodox (1.3% or about 509,500), Jehovah’s Witnesses (0.3% or about 123,034), Eastern Catholics (0.2%), Lutherans (0.2%), and smaller minorities of Mariavites, Polish Catholics, Pentecostals, Seventh-Day Adventists, Jews, Muslims (including the Tatars of Bialystock) and various Protestants (about 86,880 in the largest Evangelical-Augsburg Church, plus about as many in smaller churches). Resulting from the socio-political emancipation of the county, freedom of religion has become guaranteed by the 1989 statute of the Polish constitution, allowing for the emergence of additional denominations. However, due to pressure from the Polish Episcopate, exposition of doctrine has entered public education system as well, drawing criticism from the popular media, as unconstitutional. According to 2007 survey, 72% of respondents were not against the fostering of catechism in public schools; nevertheless, the alternative courses in ethics have become available only in one percent of the entire public educational system.

Poland's sports include football (soccer), volleyball, hockey, basketball and handball. The first Polish Formula One driver, Robert Kubica, has also brought Formula One Racing to Poland. Football is the country's most popular sport, with a rich history of international competition. Poland has also made a distinctive mark in motorcycle speedway racing thanks to Tomasz Gollob, a highly successful Polish rider. The Polish mountains are an ideal venue for hiking, skiing and mountain biking and attract millions of tourists every year from all over the world. Baltic beaches and resorts are popular locations for fishing, canoeing, kayaking and a broad-range of other water-themed sports.

Wow, I posted a lot. Sorry.

Here are a couple of Hungarian words. Water/Coffee-Viz/kave

Italian words. Good morning- Buongiorno. Good Night- Buonanotte.


The loyal Doberman.


I'm going to go eat a muffin now, then I'm going to take a nice long shower, or bath, and then I am going on my hot date... with my pillow. Hasta la vista... baby. Sorry couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Anglican Mama said...

Hahaha...loved the last paragraph! This blogging everyday has been hard. Blah...don't think I'm doing it anytime soon. I was gonna say ever again but I've learned alot from it too. :-)

Lovin' lovin' lovin' the Italian words. Wanna hear my favorite Italian song? "Mambo Italiano", it's on my player...gotta love Dean Martin. Well, not ALL his songs, just a few. :-)