Monday, July 7, 2008

Right now I am sitting here in the Rotunda room, on a couch with a guy sitting across the room from me playing some wicked guitar and singing some amazing songs. Yeah, he is really good. He's one of the people here for the Calvary Chapel Europe conference that is here for the week. A bunch of Calvary's from all around Europe are here, for, as I just mentioned a conference. They have sessions every night, and we get to sit in on them. I did tonight, and will probably try and go every night. But anyway, yeah this game just came in with his guitar, asked if it would bother me if he played (since I am the only one in here) and I just said nope. He asked me in Hungarian first, and I just kind of looked at him, probably with a blank look on my face and I guess the blank look must have told him I wasn't Hungarian so he asked me in english. Its kind of awkward getting asked things in Hungarian, or have someone just talk to you, cause you don't really know what do to. That happened to me in Budapest several times, you have to just say something in English, and then either they just kind of look at you and leave, or if they speak english then they will talk to you. Yeah, its fun being in a foreign country, let me tell ya.

I am really enjoying listening to this guy.


I am looking forward to this week. I woke up so refreshed in the Lord this morning, I was able to wake up early, take a shower, and go spend time in prayer and in the Word, outside, in the wonderful coolness of the morning. And it rained some this morning, so it smelled really good. The Lord totally refreshed my spirit. Getting to talk to my family last night was something else that was really great.

The verse in Psalms 16:11 is so true.


...In Your presence is fullness of joy:....


Anyway, about this week. As I mentioned before, the conference is here. So there are a lot of kids here, well some people here with the conference are putting on VBS for the kiddos. It will be during the morning, and then at night. There are going to be groups of us that will help out, like I will be in a group helping... Tomorrow... I think, and then Thursday. It will put us all missing a class, but I think it will be really fun. And then either Wednesday or Thursday I will be going to a English camp, there will be some of us going Wednesday, and some going Thursday. I don't know which day I am going. There are 12 in all that volenteered to go, so they are going to break us up in two groups, one will go Wednesday, the other Thursday. I don't know very many details about it or anything, but I think it will be a good experiance.


So yes, Lord willing it will be a good week. And next week we'll be going to Slovenia! WOO! They said it is SO pretty there, and where we'll be camping there is a river by it, and we all wanted to go swimming, but Mark pretty much told us if we spent over 4 minutes in it, we would die. I guess it is super, super cold. But they say its glacier water, so we can drink it. And its super super clear. There will be lots of pictures, for sure!


Well, I guess I could post some pictures, yeah?

These are just ones I took over a couple of days, of some of the girls at the cornfield, and sunflower field not far from here.







Us, with some of Vajta in the background (oh and us is, Nikki, the one sitting down, Jessica, and then me)



Sunflower time!













more later, right now I am going to go worship some more with these guys.

3 comments:

Ranch wife said...

How Pretty, so glad to see pictures with you in them!
~M~

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! I do have a thought, you should be used to people speaking to you in another language and just looking at you when you don't understand....That happened to me all the time when I worked at Roswell Livestock.

Joshua said...

I never had a language problem like that. I was always a WAY different color ; ) Beautiful pictures.

Joshua