I've been praying about going on a trip this summer. A trip to Hungary, for 6 weeks. The church we go to is a Calvary Chapel, they are all over the place. They have a college over in Hungary, they also have a year long mission training program, and during the summer a six week long thing. You take some Bible classes, go out and work on buildings, and just do a bunch of different things. I learned about this program last summer. Thought about it, and looked at the website and read about it. I decided I wanted to go. I just wasn't sure if it was the Lord's will for me to go, so I started praying about it back in the Fall. I'm still praying about it, and I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to go. I think it would be an amazing thing to do. To be able to get away, and grow, and just be able to focus everything on the Lord.
So as I said, I've been praying about it. The problem, it cost 1,600 (this does NOT include the plane ticket) plus you'll need more if you use Internet, and you have to pay 4 bucks to do your laundry... that is a lot of money. But I realized that, if it is the Lord's will for me to go, He will provide the money... somehow. Not sure how, but He will.
My grandparents have been talking about taking two weeks off, flying over to Hungary with me, I would go the Vajita to the program, and they would spend two weeks touring Hungary, then go home. If all this happened, my grandma was going to pay for my plane ticket. I haven't got my hopes up to high about it, cause who knows what could happen. Well... she called me today. Asked me about the trip, when I was supposed to be there, and when I was going to be coming back. She said that she had decided she wanted me to see more of Europe, so she wanted us to leave two weeks early, go around some places in Europe, then June 21 I would go to Vajita and spend my six weeks there. Hmmm yeah sounds like a lot of fun. I love to travel, and there are lots of places in Europe I want to see. But, that would be eight weeks away from home, two months. I have NEVER been away from home longer then like... two weeks I think. And I had family with me. I have been gone for a week to Bible camp, but I had two people I knew with me. Two months is a long, long time. I had been thinking about how long six weeks was, but decided I would probably be ok, I know I would get homesick, but probably not horribly. I would probably be horribly homesick being gone two months. Don't get my wrong, I want to do it. I mean think about all the awesome places I would probably get to see, and it will probably be a once in a lifetime thing. Who knows. But eight weeks.... hmmm...
We'll just have to see about it. I'm not going to worry about it to much, cause like I said, who knows it will even happen. I know I would get homesick, there is no doubt it my mind. But I think it would probably be worth it. I like to travel :) So I'm just going to continue praying about it and see.
Well I'm off to bed here pretty soon. I have to go freeze at work tomorrow.
3 comments:
You know, I could go to Europe with you then it would just feel like six weeks. That would be neat. I hope you get to go. It would be an amazing trip.
Wow, how exciting! I'll be praying that the Lord would show you his will in this matter. What an opportunity, though! I know a girl who left for 4 months to go to Thailand and Australia with some of her extended family (as a nanny) and boy was she glad to be home. But, if you were to ask her, she wouldn't have traded that trip for anything. Just remember that the Lord directs the steps of one who yearns for His heart in all things. :) He'll give you peace when it's right.
Thanks Leanna!
Post a Comment