Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sickly days and sickly nights...

Yeah instead of wasted days and wasted nights its sickly days and sickly nights. I've been sick since... well Monday night I guess. I started feeling kind of bad after youth. The scratchy throat started. Ugh. I was hoping it was just all the dust I had inhaled Monday... Monday was a windy day, a very windy day. And I had to work in it. Dust was blowing... the occasional cow flew by, some tin... okay so maybe not. But there was a lot of dust. And I'm down wind from a dairy... and we all know what they smell like. Smelly, smelly. But as it is it wasn't the dust. I was getting a stinkin' ole cold.


Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat, it was actually between sore and extremely scratchy. Drinking water hurt. I don't understand that. Why does water have to hurt whenever you have a sore throat? I just don't understand it. It is terrible.... I slept a lot Tuesday. Then that night I could not sleep. I wanted sleep so bad. But I just couldn't fall asleep. Do you realize how annoying that is? You can't do anything but just lay there. Well I finally decided to read. I read some in Psalms, and then I read in a book that Justin (youth pastor) is letting me borrow. It is a true story, its a very good book. Its about a Dutchman, Brother Andrew. He joins the army in 1945. His foot gets injured so get gets to come home. He eventually gives his life to the Lord. He starts working and a factory. And then realizes that he is called to be a missionary. He becomes a Bible smuggler behind the Iron Curtain. It is really cool how God would blind the officers eyes whenever they checked his luggage at borders. God did so many things for him. It is a really neat book, I recommend it. It is called God's Smuggler. I don't know if you can find it in a bookstore are not... But anyway. So I couldn't sleep.. I finally did at around... I don't really know what time it was... That is what I get for sleeping all afternoon I guess.



I woke up yesterday morning with my throat feeling much worse. Phooey. Swallowing was painful, talking was painful, everything was painful. I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. And I guess I looked pretty bad too cause this morning my dad told me that I looked much better today! hmmmm... Well. I don't really remember what I did in the morning... I slept in the afternoon. I was thinking that I probably shouldn't since I might not be able to sleep that night... But I did anyway. And I did sleep all last night.

While I was cleaning up the kitchen last night my brother comes in and goes.
"You know what would help your throat?... a milkshake. Cause you know ice cream really makes your throat feel better so I bet a milkshake would too."

I point at him and croak "YOU could make one."

I just get. "But I don't make them as good as you do."

Oh please. So I made one, because I did know it would help my throat. But HE could have made it. My brother is so nice... I mean I would have made one for HIM if he would have been sick. I informed him of this and he just said "You aren't that sick. You just have a sore throat. That doesn't effect the rest of your body."

He obviously doesn't remember what it feels like to have a sore throat. But whatever. I'm not bitter. So I made the milkshake. And it did feel really good on my throat.


I had to call my boss too. Since I was informed by my doctor aka mother. That I couldn't go into work today. But... that means that... oh no. That would mean that I would have to call... my boss. Please no, I beg you. Don't make me do that. But I had to call her... I sat there listening to it ring... and ring... and ring. And then I got "You've reached (cell number) this is Terry. Just leave me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can." So I croaked out that I couldn't come into work because I was sick.... man I hope she got it. Otherwise I'll be in big trouble. I keep expecting my phone to ring and have it be... HER. But so far my little phone has been silent. Not a peep has come from it.


Man being sick is the pits. But I am feeling a lot better today! woohoo!!! Now I can talk, kind of. I'm just not very understandable. And my nose tickles, and is stopped up. But that is okay. At least my throat is a lot better. Hmmm well I should probably stop rambling. But hey I can't talk very well. But I can write! I needed something to do...


Here I'll leave ya'll a few pictures I took of the gorgeous sunset last night. I looked out the door and saw it and I just couldn't stand it. So I grabbed my camera and ventured out... in my slippers. It was a beautiful.



2 comments:

Joshua said...

I am glad you are better. You see, I can't leave, you just get sick. The day I come back... you are better! That is so pompous. Sorry. Haha. Those are some beautiful pictures. It's sad I missed it. Enjoy the ice cream!

Sara said...

Yeah. I'll probably get sick again if you leave.