Thursday, January 17, 2008

Frost bitten toes

I seriously think my toes would have become frost bitten this morning if I had stayed out any longer in the frigid cold. I was awaken by my daddy this morning. "Sara, you better wake up you have to go to work." I growled and pulled the covers over my head. No. I refuse. It is just too cold. You can't make me.

I had been hearing on the weather the day before just how cold it was going to be today. And I was NOT looking forward to it. I honestly am not a hard person to get up. And I usually get out of bed easily in the morning. But, there are days... like today. That I don't want to get up. I don't want to have to get up out of my warm toasty bed and be welcomed by a freezing house, I don't want to have to put on tons of clothes, and go to my work place and ride a bunch of dummy horses in the frigid cold. There are days when I just don't want to have a job. Today was definitely one of those days. I peeked out of my covers and looked at the clock. 7:00. Phoo. I had 30 minutes. I closed my eyes for a few seconds then slowly drug myself out of bed. Oh! so cold! I looked outside. It just looked cold. I dawdled around for a minute then begin piling on the clothes. Two pairs of long handles, two pairs of socks, pants, 2 shirts, sweatshirt, wild rag, gloves, little hat thingy, and huge coat. The gloves, coat, and hat belong to my momma. Thank you mama! The coat is huge... gigantic. I look like... Arnold Schwarzenegger in the thing. Seriously. I love the hat. I can wear my cap, then pull the little hat thingy over it... I guess its a... toboggan... yeah a toboggan. It covers my ears real well. The gloves are nice too. So I pile all this on, it takes me about 15 minutes. I yank on the boots. I really had to yank. The sock situation was making it hard to pull them on. I eat a breakfast of Rice Krispies. Go crank of the green machine. Aka Nissan. Get the heater going and wait on my momma. My pickup was COLD. I could see my breath. And the stinkin stirring wheel was really cold. Goodness.

I arrive at my place of employment step out of the warm pickup into the bitter cold. And boy was it cold! I went out to catch up a horse. CJ or Slick. I walked toward Slick he took off. Okay CJ was standing there, I walk toward him. He takes of too. I had to hold my tongue. Stupid no good... sorry boneheads. Yes I am being mean. But I was cold okay. I was so very cold, and they had to pick that day to be hard to catch. WHY!?!?! YOU STUPID ANIMALS! Okay I feel better now. After running around and around the pasture CJ decided he was finished making me mad, and acting like a fool and trotted up to me. And stood there, right in front of me. I just stared at him... curse you, you... you... knuckle headed, boneheaded, stinkin, hateful horse. He just looked at me like "uhh like why aren't you like.. catching me dude." I glared at him, burned holes into him. I walked up to him, half expecting him to take off on me. He's done that before. He just stood there. Yeah you better stand still. I caught him. And we went on out way. Stinkin... donkey.

I went through the morning. Riding horse after horse. Getting colder and colder. After one horse I had to go stand inside of the bathroom in front of the little electric heater they've been keeping in there. They do that so the pipes won't freeze. I stood in front of it. Then eventually sat down right in front of it trying to get warm. My feet were so cold. They hurt... so bad. Walking was terrible. They warmed up a little. I finally got a little life back into them after about ten minutes. So I finished up. I got done about 11:30. My mom showed up at about... 11:50 and I got to go home! I was still cold.

After eating a hamburger me and my mom proceeded to clean house. Oh... joy. Cleaning house is so much fun! a blast. Nothing better... uhhh riiight. But I didn't care to much today. I could have been out in the cold. Taylor, Nathan, and my dad went out riding fence. And I could have gone with them. But I decided to be a big wimp and stay inside. I'd been out in it for three hours horseback, and I'd had enough of it. My poor little toes.

After folding a gazillion towels I sat down and watch a little CMT. Then... called Caitlin. We hadn't been talking real long whenever my dad came in and told me Taylor wanted me to go riding with him since he was taking out his colt... Well... okay. I guess I can do that. So since my dads horse was already saddled I hopped on him and off we went! We weren't out too long. But it was long enough to get cold again. I came back in, called Caitlin... again. We talked for awhile. Then our phones decided they'd had enough and quit on us. Well fine then, stupid phones. Jennifer and John came a bit ago. We had some yummy supper... and now I sit here. I'm warm now. I sure do like hot showers. And my mom bought me this awesome sweatshirt at Target that I have on right now. And it is warm. Very warm. I'm about to go get some Mississippi Mud Cake that I prepared yesterday :) yep. Death in a pan. Seriously. It has two cups of sugar, then powered sugar in the icing, it has marshmallow cream... yeah, death in a pan.

Well... I guess this hasn't really been all that interesting. But I felt like writing. I haven't in awhile. And all I had to write about was my poor frost bitten toes. They are still suffering. No joke. Well I think I shall go now. Later dudes!

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Your posts aren't bad and boring. They could be... like mine, mindless and useless to 99% of the reads that they get.

You know, you might try just one pair of wool socks or something because if you get socks that are too thick, they make your feet tight, it cuts off circulation and it is impossible to get them warm again. Loose feet are better than packed feet. FYI ; )

I like the death in a pan. I need to make sure I get over there in time to get some more before it all disappears. You know, it is MY cake. Haha.

It warmed up kinda nice today. Only at about 2:00 though. I was plenty warm. I almost took off my thin jacket. All I was wearing under the jacket was a single t-shirt.

Don't freeze on me and keep your toes, you wouldn't make a very good dancer if you didn't have any toes.

Joshua

Sara said...

I actually had wool socks on. But it didn't help... any. Hmmm the cake is probably already gone. I blame it on... Taylor. But there might be one piece left. Yes, you are right. I wouldn't be a very good dancer without toes. I'll try and keep those.

Joshua said...

Cake gone!? Ahhhh!

Anglican Mama said...

Oh wow, that was funny. And the reason I can relate so perfectly is because my toes and fingers are mutually cold. And I've been in the house all day!
Though I'm guity of just eating ice cream on top of being cold, so that doesn't help. :-)
Thank you for the blog post you sent me--I'm gonna put it in our "Thoughtbox" column for this month, an issue we're prayerfully gonna post on the 31st.
Love ya girl, and stay warm!