Monday, May 26, 2008

16 more days!!!!!

That is how many days I have until my departure. Exciting huh!?! but also kind of scary. I can't believe how fast it's come up. The closer it has gotten the more nervous I have gotten, and I've found myself... fretting... and then I read the last part of Psalms 37:8

Do not fret-it only cause harm

Ok... DO NOT FRET, it ONLY cause HARM. Golly. So instead of fretting, trust. Trust in Him. The first part of Psalms 37:3 puts it pretty clearly, Trust in the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart. And lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. I have to trust Him while I am on that plane flying over the Atlantic ocean, trust Him while I am there, trust whenever I get homesick, whenever satan attacks, whenever I get scared, trust Him while flying back by myself, trust He'll get me through the airport, and on the plane ok, and get home fine. I need to not fret, worry, doubt, anything of the sort. Just trust.

I know as the time draws nearer I'm going to have to be trusting even more. I think it'll be ok when the day comes. It's just these days anticipating it that can be tough. But asides from being nervous, I'm really excited. I have not packed anything at all, but shoot what am I going to pack, I need all my clothes, haha. But I do think I have almost everything I need, just need to get stuff like soap, shampoo, and pick up a few notebooks, then I think I'll pretty much be set.

It's kind of funny, every time I see anyone anymore there all like, "How many more days until your trip??" or "Are you getting excited?" or, "Have you got all your stuff together?" Haha, it's great.

Well, since I just realized it's actually later then what my computer says, it's a hour off and I just realized it! I'd better get off to bed, I have to go to the orthodontist tomorrow and have my last checkup before I leave.

Ya'll have a good'n

8 comments:

HorseLover said...

Wow Sara!How exciting!I'll be praying everything goes well for you while your away.
Have an awsome time!
--Kailee

Joshua said...

I don't know what to say...

That's right. Trust in the Lord. There isn't much more to do. None of us can handle the days to come in each of our lives. But if we trust in God, he will take care of them. Learn while you are there. Learn all you can and obey.

Joshua

Ranch Wife said...

I need to have that scripture written on my heartd keep it close as a daily reminder.

We are so excited for you! And hey, you're a ranch kid (you'll be fine) who has a heart for the Lord ~ you can't go wrong.

cottonpicker said...

Waiting is the hardest part!! This trip will be one in a lifetime so ENJOY the journey!

Anonymous said...

UH! Where are you going? I missed that part.

Bailey

Joshua said...

"One in a lifetime"? Careful what you say Cottonpicker ;) We will see...

Sara said...

Bailey, I'm going to Europe, for two months!

Anonymous said...

BOY HOWDY!!!! What are you going to do in Europe?

Bailey

P.S.- In my first comment I messed up and put Uh instead HU