I miss my camera, a lot. My poor little Nikon is off in California somewhere, getting repaired, a repair that'll probably cost me a arm and a leg. What happened? Well, I was out and about taking pictures, I had the camera on, I went to turn it off... nothing happened. The lens would not go back in, the power itself went off, but nothing happened with the lens! I turned it back on, the LCD monitor said in bold red letters.
LENS ERROR.
Oh no! Come back to life little camera, don't do this to me! I took the battery out, and put it back in, turn it on and get the same message. NOOOOO!!!!! My heart sank. I get on the internet and google the problem, I get no help. I just find out that a lot of people have had this problem with Nikon, and they just had to send it off to get fixed,, and well some said they just jiggled it a little and it started working again, I try it... no luck whatsoever. So I call the Nikon people, hoping maybe they could tell me a way to fix it at home, no such luck. The dude assures me it can be fixed, but I will have to send it in. So print off all the stuff I need. Pack it into a box, head off to town, go to the post office, and tell the lady I want to 3 day it.
I am REALLY hoping I'll get it back before I leave in June, I have my Kodak, but it just isn't as good as a camera. And shoot, I just bought two new battery's and a new 2 GB memory card for my Nikon. So maybe, just maybe they'll get it fixed and get it back to me. And hopefully it won't cost we just a whole lot of money. I fear I'll never see the dear camera again :( If that happened I feel for sure I would cry. Sure, it may sound silly to you. But it's my camera, I love my camera.
Golly I hope it makes its way back to me.
3 comments:
It isn't still under warranty? I didn't think you had it that long yet. If a lot of people have the problem that means it is a manufacturer defect and that they should repair it for free. Hmm. It SHOULD get back to you soon. Most companies have a good turn around time for repairs. Hope you get it back in time. That just wouldn't be cool.
Joshua
Nope. My grandma had it several years before she gave it to me. So I really don't think it would still be under warranty. I sure hope it comes back soon.
AWW! My sisters camera had that nice little 'lens errer' message that pops up on us too, and i hate to say it, but the thing never did revive itsself. Hope everything works out alright for you!(and the poor little camera:)
Post a Comment