Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bring on the rain

I awoke up from my slumber this morning to see big ole blue clouds outside through my bedroom window. Rain clouds maybe? I heard my mom on the computer reading the forecast...

Thunderstorms with 60% chance of rain....

Why yes, I think could quite possibly rain.




After eating some breakfast we heard this sound... this strange foreign pitter patter sound on the tin roof.
It gets just a little louder.. what is that strange substance falling from the sky? Could it be? no, surely its not, oh my goodness its actually rain!! It gets a little louder... and louder... we all run outside to stand on the porch, and inhale the sweet wonderful smell of rain, and take in the wonderful sound of rain hitting a tin roof.

Lookie! is that from rain drops!?!


RAIN!!





I looked out the window and saw the weather had decided to do something else too....

Yes sir that is hail



Rambo got scared, so he hid.

Thankfully it never got to big



Taylor and I did go park the jeep, his pickup and my pickup up under the barn, we didn't want them to get banged up if it got any bigger. It never did though. It's crazy how you can fit 3 and a half vehicles underneath that barn, my pickup is the one that got to stick out halfway, we had it in there enough to protect the windshield. After parking them we both made a mad dash to the house. That hail hurt a little bit. Back in the house we stood by the window, looking out at it pouring down.

It started to slow down some... then went down to a very light sprinkle :(


After the storm...




I've been trying to post more pictures... but blogger here isn't cooperating. Poo. But anyway, we ended up getting about 1 inch of rain, and there is another good chance for tomorrow!

Thank you Lord for the rain.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

I was still in deep slumber :( I don't think we even got rain over here though. I sure do await it anxiously though.

Joshua

Lyndsey said...

I just finished writting about the rain we had over here and was so proud of it. Then I saw your comments and decided to drop in. Seeing how much rain you all got kinda burst my bubble. Darn. Care to send some of that our way? LOL.

Great to meet you and thanks for the comments! I'll be sure to keep an eye on your blog!

(BTW, smart to move your trucks under the barn. You should see my rig...looks like someone took a hammer to it. I had to tape the side mirrors back on and replace a window. I sure turn heads at a the stoplight in town. LOL)

Anonymous said...

Good pictures sister! The one of Rambo was really cute, sis you show Taylor how brave his big bad Dobie is?

Ranch Wife said...

Those puddles are a glorious sight! So glad y'all finally caught some moisture. Tomorrow looks like there's another good possibility.