Sunday, May 4, 2008

Looks like I have kinda sorta been slacking, shame on me.

Well, going to the blind school went ok Thursday. I got up at 3:50 and left the house at 4:40 and then I got to the barn at 5:10. We vacuumed the horses, loaded them up. Then loaded ourselves up, and then waited on the boss lady, she comes and gets in and we leave, by this time it's 5:30. Off down the road we go, we stop and pick up one of the other ladies, and keep going. We stop again at this lovely little convenience store and use the facilities, and get food and coffee and such. Then off we go again. The wind blew us around the whole trip, we were going to turn around and come back if the wind was blowing real bad when we got there, the wind was blowing when we got there. But there were buildings and trees blocking the wind where we were at. So it ended up being real nice, just a nice breeze that kept us cool. Everything went well, we had 8 groups, and we took 'em all around for about 30 minutes. So it was a lot of walking, and by about the 6th group I thought my feet were going to fall off. Poor little feet's. I got a blister too, right on the bottom of my toe. Stupid shoes, I thought I'd be smart and wear shoes instead of my boots since we were going to do so much walking, and those shoes gave me a blister! my boots have never given me a blister. humph.

Anyway. We got done at 1:00, loaded up, stopped to eat, then came home. We stopped in Roswell and I had to go pickup payroll in the bank for my boss. I had to ride a elevator... I don't really like elevators. They kind of scare me. I survived the elevator ride, handed over the checks to my boss. And back to the barn we went, we unloaded everything. And then all got to go home, I was REALLY glad to get home. I was pretty wiped out, it had seemed like a horribly long time since 3:50 that morning.

I have to go again tomorrow... I don't really want too, I don't really want to get up that early again, I don't really want to sit in the front seat, between Joe and Terry for 3 1/2 or so hours, going up there and back. I just really don't want to. But it won't kill me, I'll get good hours. 11 hours to be exact, 88 dollars right there. I hope it'll go good, and I really hope the weather stays ok. Hopefully I won't get another blister on my toe ;-)

Well lemme see.... what else has happened.... We got to go see a movie on Friday night after the 4H meeting. Me, Taylor, Skyler, and Sterling. We went and saw, "The Forbidden Kingdom." It was... dopey :P but it had it's amusing parts, and it was clean. So, guess ya can't beat that. We wanted to go see Iron Man, but it was sold out. So hopefully we'll go see it soon. We had fun though, those guys are fun to hang around with. They're pretty goofy, haha. Oh dear.

Yesterday morning... I had to go help with a birthday party. 3 girls and a boy came out to the barn to ride for this girls birthday, little 8-9 year old girls. It was... interesting. Yeah, interesting. We rode them in the barn, then I had to go out with them on Slick, that made me nervous. Those girls couldn't hardly control those horses, and I just knew something was going to happen. They wouldn't hardly listen to me. But it ended up being ok, I got them back without any incidents. That afternoon we went to a wedding shower, and... yeah. That was that.

Well, that is all I have to say. Just figured I'd better not be a slacker ;-)
Later.

No comments: