Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Taylor and George

Taylor has another colt to ride (lucky him) it's a little fella who belongs to our neighbor behind our house. His name is George, at least that is what Taylor calls him, I don't know if that is his actual name or not. Anyway, he just started him yesterday, and he is going to be working with him over at the neighbors, cause he has a round pen and everything... and we don't. So Taylor told me he'd need my help this morning, cause little ole George is lazy and doesn't like to move out, and it would be my job to run around the round pen, making him move.

We load up in the Ford and off down the bumpy road we go. We arrive, talk to Robert (our neighbor) a minute, he then leaves with a horse in tow and Taylor gets started. Me being the picture taking crazy person I am got a few shots before I had to help.


He tried to hobble him first, so he wouldn't move around a bunch while he saddled him.

George didn't want to be hobbled


George was being a little snot, so after awhile Taylor gave up on the hobbles and decided to just go ahead and saddle him.

Time for the blanket (oh and that happens to by MY blanket. Did he ask if he could use it? no he did not)


He moves it around, getting him used to it.


Pats it a little

'

Doesn't seem to care. So time to move on to the saddle










Time to run around a little.

Lookie! Taylor can actually move!





Doing a little flexing



Nicely done



Tightening up


Getting halfway on



Time for the real deal



Is he going to buck....?
Nope. Can I eat your foot?


It was then I had to get off my place on the fence, and leave my camera behind and help him get the little fella moving. Taylor tried on his own at first, but he just wouldn't move. So I get behind him, start patting my leg, which makes lots of noise, and smooch, then when he starts to move I keep on patting my leg, and trot behind him. I keep on doing this. We get him to trot, and lope just a little. He never bucks, but does crohop some. Too bad I couldn't have been taking pictures, but oh well. So after awhile Taylor says that is enough, gets off and unsaddles him



Good little bronc



Leaving to get put up for the day



Well, that is all of 'em for today. Golly, I think I posted a hundred million pictures, haha. I did take 72 of 'em. I get a little camera happy ;) But shoot, these kind of things are what I love taking pictures of. I hope to get a few more next time I go over there with him. Since I don't get to do it myself I figure I can at least watch and take pictures. Anyway, bye for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you got some GREAT pics!!! Next time I want to see some of a bronc ride. ;) hehehe.... really, I liked the one of George's head where his ear is back towards Taylor, good'n. Loved em! Thanks for sharing- that's awesome you got to help =D

Joshua said...

I love to watch Taylor work with horses. It is pretty neat. That is a life that I have always loved but never got much of. All of it is just so cool and beautiful. I think I need to go watch him from time to time and learn from him. That would be great! Yeah, good pictures.

Joshua

Anonymous said...

Great pictures sister!

Kaylene said...

These remind me of my bro earlier this year, training his horse. He's still at it, and its one of the few things he'll actually ask me to take pictures of him doing. :)

Like your blog.

-fellow homeschooler & blogger