Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Windy day ramblings

The wind is blowing again. I'm sitting here at my desk, which is by the window, looking out at the blowing trees. And listening to it through my open window. I believe it was blowing like this last Wednesday too, and I also believe I posted about it last Wednesday, ha. I think it likes to do it on my days off, cause then I can't go ride. Well, I could, but I'd probably end up in... Texas, Colorado, or even Arizona. It's obvious I have no idea which direction it's blowing. Don't really care either, I just know I'm tired of it. It hit yesterday whilst I was working. I was in the office doing my school during the lunch break, and all of a sudden I hear a loud whooshing noise, look out the window and there is the dust... and the occasional tumbleweed that blows by. All I can say is, yuck. At least I didn't have to work in it for too awful long. A lot of the clients didn't show up, so I got sent home early :-D Thought I might get blown away driving home, I didn't really think I'd be able to get the green machine on the road, poor little pickup.

Phooey on wind. Hump. I don't really know why I'm whining about it. I have lived here 15 years, and the wind has blown ever single spring. Always has, always will. Complaining about it doesn't make it go away, but sometimes it makes me feel better... kind of. Or maybe the only thing there is to talk about is the wind, yeah I think that is it. I'll try and find something else to talk about...

Um. Next week we'll be going to the blind school. We'll go then, the next Thursday, and then the two weeks after that we'll go on both Monday and Thursday. I didn't much like that idea when I first heard it, mainly cause it'll probably put me out of going to youth for those two Mondays. But, that is ok, cause it just means we'll get done sooner, and it won't drag on. If we didn't do the Monday thing we wouldn't be getting done until the last week in May. So, it's all good. Those will probably be two wild weeks though.

Ah, and the time is drawing nearer for my departure. We shall be arriving in Budapest, Hungary, on June 11, at exactly 8:25 am. If all goes smoothly that is. Once there we shall check in at the place we'll be staying at for the next... however many days. And then... I don't know. The place we're staying at will be nice, it's called, Agape Apartment House. It's pretty much just like a hotel, but I think the rooms are a little bigger. It'll have a kitchen and such. I got to see pictures of some of the rooms and everything, looked very nice! The only thing is I was hoping it have internet so I'd be able to email home and such easily, but I guess only some rooms have it. But that is ok, I'm sure there will be some places I can go to It has a good location too, a bunch of museums and all that good stuff are within walking distance. And I think there is a market nearby, and good local places to eat. I think the market will be good cause we'll be able to buy stuff to cook back at our room, at least I hope so. I think there is a opera house close too. Ha, I think that would be kind of... interesting to visit. You could hear a opera in Hungarian! Haha oh my....

Ok, I'm ending this now. This post is boring me to death.
Adios

3 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Sara, you don't remember but you've kinda been to an opera! We went to Amarillo;s "The Living Christmas Tree". Ask you folks about it, it was hilarious! All of us in our wranglers and boots, all those fancy church folk looking down on us! HA! It was a once in a lifetime trip - (oh and by the way, you were in your Momma's tummy!)
I am so excited for your mission trip - if I was your age I would be doing the same thing! God will bless you and your heart for missions!
Love
C

Ranch wife said...

Oh my word I forgot about the living Christmas tree. You would think that First Baptist of Amarillo wouldn't have been so snooty. Amarillo is just a big glorified cowtown. But they were. We did see and hear this hot shot opera dude from....hum....NEW YORK CITY,,I think. Wasn't terribly impressed. I had totally forgotten about that.
Your Mother

Sara said...

Ha! sounds like that would have been hilarious! I just can't see ya'll at a opera.