I'm not sure I'm going to keep this layout... probably not, but I don't want to mess with it right now. It's kind of late, I ought to be in bed. But instead I'm sitting here on this darned computer. I just thought I could share about the day at the horse sale and whatnot.
So, me and my brother head out about 8:00, with a horse in tow. He's taking one not to sale, but to take back to a fella who he rode this horse for. Anyway, we arrive about 9ish. I got sit down, and watch, and Taylor does... whatever. There wasn't much of anything going through that was worth anything. But this is the junk sale. Anyways, after awhile Caitlin shows up, we watch the sale some, walk around some, eat some... um... healthy nutritious snacks, donuts can can't as healthy nutritious snacks right? Ok. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, we went wandering around and such. We'd watch some of the sale, then go back out and wander around and about some more.
Later on in the morning Caitlin rode a little horse through, then both me and her led two little fillies through. I liked 'em. And then... we had to lead a couple of mares in, well we just had to lead them up to the alley, then we just turned 'em loose. Almost got killed and everything else, barely escaped with our lives, well... Caitlin barely escaped with her life, I wasn't quite so close to the death. The little palomino I was leading decided to be a little brat, and yeah... go read Caitlin's blog if you want to whole story. Um... then, we ate. Well, ok, actually we ate before we lead the mares through. Yeah, had a hamburger at the sale barn cafe. Um, and... yeah. We watched the sale some more, talked to a few people. Yep, Caitlin left after awhile, and so I was left all by my lonesome. I just sat and watched the rest of the horses go through. There was one dude who bought almost everyone that went through near the end, my goodness. I didn't buy anything in case your wondering ;-) There was a little filly I really liked, but we can't have fillies out here. And I didn't really have the money anyway.
Well, after the sale was over, Taylor said we were going to see a movie at 7:25 with some of the guys, being, Skyler, Sterling, Joshua, and Michael (who didn't end up going) So we had to wait around cause Skyler and Sterling work at the sale bard and they had to help load up all the horses that were bought. That took awhile. And there were some people who both had to papers to one worse saying it was theirs, they were fighting over him. And boy was it a ugly son of a gun, and it was a 150 fifty dollar horse! it wasn't worth fighting over, but whatever. I don't know who ended up getting him. That was the most exciting thing that happened the rest of the time. During the other time I just sat there, on the cat walk. And got hit in the foot with a poking stick by my brother, then I was dangling my brothers halters lead rope down, and both Taylor and Mike would try to get it. Ha! But they didn't.... well, Mike did once. But I wasn't paying attention. Mike told Taylor he had reflexes, like a cat, maybe a dead one, but still a cat. Yeah.... Ahem. Anyways. Once they finally get done, Taylor takes his pickup to the movie theater and Skyler and Sterling come pick us up (cause it was like 5:30 and the movie started at 7:25) So we go back to their house for a minute, then go eat some pretty good, but expensive food. And then, after we finish, we have to go and wait in line, forever at the movie theater. But finally! we get in, miss the first of the movie, but that is ok. We watched, Leatherheads. I thought it was pretty funny :)
After we movie we just sit outside and talk for awhile, then we all load up and come him. Boy was I ready, it had been a long, but fun day. I was just ready to come home. I did a lot of laughing today, guess I was just hanging out with funny people. They never cease to make me laugh. Laughter is the best medicine ya know :-) Ah, well. This post was WAY longer then what I meant. Just kind of got carried away. I'm off to bed now. G'night all.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had quite the adventure! I like your new layout, it's very invigorating. :)
Ok we have all heard about the horse sale, time for something new.
Blogging is a responsibility!
Your Mother
Post a Comment