Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Praying for rain

It’s dry. Really, stinking dry. Rain would definitely be a blessing right now. Yesterday, they were calling for rain. You know what I see when I look out the window? Not rain. Dust, blowing dust, and trees laying over, because of wind. Not rain. Stinking ole wind. I pull up the weather this morning, and instead of saying it’s going to rain, it says the wind is going to blow, today, and tomorrow. I think the house just might blow away. I looked out a few minutes ago, and for a few seconds all you could see was dirt. The horses are standing out there and you couldn’t even see them. It’s awful. I got out and rode my horse this morning before it picked up too bad. Oh how I wish it would rain, it hasn’t rained in so long. I long to hear the pitter patter of it on our tin roof. To smell it. Hm. Rain has the best smell. I think if it ever rains I’m going to just go stand in it, and get completely soaked. How nice it would be.

Well, it other news… or whatever. I got a computer! But you’d know that if you read my moms blog. I’m liking it a lot. It is a Toshiba, very nice. Has lots of memory. It also has a webcam. So, now I’m trying to talk my parents into getting one, so then they can talk to me live this summer! But it would be hard for us to get on at the same time, the time difference is so different. It also has where I can add clocks to my sidebar for different time zones, like I have one set for Hungary, and one for the UK, guess I get tickled by the simplest things My mom got it at Circuit city when she and Lora went to Amarillo… and I guess they had to deal with a very obnoxious sells person. You can read the whole story on her blog. Thank you mama and Lora for going through all of that to get me a computer!

I don’t really anything interesting to say…. Ha, on the way to work the other day I heard that. Quote, “Studies have shown that men create 3 more hours of house work for their wives.” it just made me chuckle. When I told my mom she just said that they didn’t have to do a study, they could have just asked a wife. Haha. I think it’s kind of funny, and also true!

I saw a video today on Oprah. It was, “The church of Oprah exposed.” You can find it on youtube it you want to watch it. During one part she was arguing with a few people, because she was saying there were more ways to God, millions of different ways she said. She said it was impossible for there to be only way. What bull, it says in John, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.” there is only one way. Just one, and that is through Jesus Christ! There aren’t millions of different ways, there is one. That whole video was insane, that woman has some horribly messed up beliefs. And she’s teaching people these things too, to millions of people. Ah! I just don’t understand people, how can they believe all that stuff, well I know. Because it sounds good to them. It’s just all about feel good stuff, it’s ridiculous. She says too that when she was in a church when she was younger the preacher was saying how great God was, but also said that He was a jealous God. Well, she said that just didn’t like that, because God is all about love. Yes, God loves us, loves us more then we can comprehend. But He’s also a God of wrath, we should have a fear for Him. 1 Chronicles 16:25 “For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is also a God to be feared above all gods.” He is also a jealous God, Exodus 20:4-5 “You shall not make for yourselves a carved image-any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord you God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”
Like the verse in Chronicles said, the Lord is great and greatly to be praised. He is great, He’s powerful and mighty, He loves us, our hope is in Him, and He is all we need. But He could also zap us with lightening at any moment. With that thought I think I’m going to end this post, I didn’t mean to write all of this, is just kind of came out. I’ll try to write again soon, so I don’t get accused of being a slacker by a person who shall remain nameless *coughs Jennifer cough*
Farewell.

I’m going to pray for rain.

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

I've seen that Oprah deal, too and that's what our pastor preached on tonight. It's a sad scary thing when people lose the message of the Cross due to new age teaching.
Wish you could have some Okie rain! It's done nothing but all day long!