Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Don't know what to do!

Yeah I am posting again. I am in deep... distress. Yeah, that word will work. I got a email from the Nikon people, my camera got to the place. They needed approval to start working on it... wanna know how much it's going to cost? Well, the email said $150. But when I got on there, and they did the total it came up $170.


ONE HUNDRED AND 70 DOLLARS!!


Lets just say I was not very happy.... at all. I am still not happen, oh and you wanna know why it came up to be that much. Because they are charging $8.5o for tax, and $12.50 for shipping! It only cost me six bucks to ship it over there! And why the heck are they charging tax!?! So I did want to get it fixed, but I didn't know it would cost that much. So I am almost considering getting another camera that cost around that same price... but I don't really know what to do. I had just bought those two batteries, and that new memory card camera just the other day for this thing. And I have these two lenses for it too...

I really don't know what to do, buy another camera, get this one fixed... buy another camera, get this one fixed...

I'm deeply sighing right now :-/ I've been researching cameras, I've found a couple of Kodaks for an ok price, and I read reviews on them, a lot of people liked them. And I've also looked at some Canons, a lot of people liked them. But I'd be spending over 200 dollars if I got one of them... but the ones I have seen have either a 10x or 12x zoom, and anywhere from 7 mp, to 10 mp.

Hmm... I mean, sure a new camera would be pretty cool, and I'd definitely be getting one that had higher megapixles, and a better zoom then my Nikon. But should I really spend more for a new one, or just get Nikon repaired? One thing I am really afraid of is it wouldn't get back in time, or they'd find something else that would end up making it cost more, they said that could happen.

Oh phooey on it all.

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

Ugh. I hate it when stuff happens that way! 170 bucks is a lot to repair a camera. Have you thought about going ahead and buying a new one for that price and then putting your lenses, batteries, and other Nikon goodies on ebay or craigslist? You might be able to make a little money back on it, plus you would still have the newer camera.
Sorry about all that, there's nothing fun about being stuck between a rock and a hard place and just not knowing what to do! Pray and ask the Lord what the best decision is, and He'll give you peace about the right one. :)
-LeAnna

Joshua said...

I'd say get the Nikon fixed. But that is just me. If you have invested the money already, then figure you should keep it. But then again, it isn't my money or my camera. Hope it goes well.

Lyndsey said...

Ouch! One of my friends and I were climbing in a canyon just up behind our house and she dropped her brand new camera...a Birthday gift that cost $250. We had an AWEFUL sinking feeling as we watched it bounce and crash seventy feet to the cannon floor.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the cost of tea in China. I wanted to stop by and thank you for the comment! I'm excited to meet you (and your blogging family)! It is so neat when I meet Christian, Homeschool, ranch families. Did you all get some more of that rain? It rained HARD near four hours here yesterday. And naturally, dad and I had to be ouside in it doing ranch calls. Seems like every horse in the country needed sewn up! By the end of the day I was soaked, cold and cranky. LOL. Gotta love life!