Monday, June 16, 2008

Day five and six...drunk britts...and...flea markets.

So.... ello! I am trying to figure out how to type with an accent. Ha. Funny, the more time you spend here, the more you start to talk like them.

Um, anyway. Let me see...what was I going to tell ya'll... ah yes. So... Friday... I think it was Friday... no! it was Saturday, yes because today is Monday... yea? ok. So, Saturday night we ended up taking our first bus ride down to one of the fancier streets (Vaci utca... utca is street in hungarian by the way) anyway, we went down there because we wanted to check out the Folklor Centrum. It is just a store with... well, folkd stuff. They have amazing hand made table clothes and such. We went down there, wandered around the street and went into some more shops, ate some ice cream (they have the best ice cream here!) then ate some good food, walk down by the river. On the way back I heard this fellas behind us say "Hello!!!" to these girls that walked by, I could tell from listening to them that they were drunker then skunks, they spoke english, and had accent, I at first thought the one was Irish, but I was wrong, they were British. We they came up behind us, just being as jolly as can be and told us "Hello!!" several times. So we said hello back, and they started talking to us a little. They asked us where we were from, when we told them the United States they all when "BOO!" and then they started calling us Yanks. So when we asked where they were from, the raised their fists in the air and declared "ENGLAND!" Then my grandma told them England was nice, so they raised their fists again and said "WOO! YEA!" And then we told them we were from Texas, they asked us if we had voted for president Bush, we told them yes, then they went off on something about Bush, and then raised their fists and said "Hilary Clinton!" Well after all this we came to our street, waved and told them good bye, and they blew us kisses. I had to hold down laughter the whole time, they were just so gosh darn funny! It still makes me laugh whenever I think about it, boy they were drunk... ha ha. That was my first time of being called a Yank, doubt it'll be the last, ha... hahaha... oh wow.

Its just fun coming across some people. Later that night whenever we were in bed, I heard a bunch of guys singing. I wondered if it was them. We heard a lot of singing that night, there was all kinds of noise, and people out and about, probably because it was Saturday night.

Yea... Yesterday morning we walked all the way down to a flea market... it was.. umm.. well, it was a flea market :P there was some neat things, and a lot of junk. I really wanted to buy this really cool, and really old camera. But I didn't, I don't really know what I would have done with it, it would have just been neat to have. After out little flear market excursion we stopped and had some Thai food then went back to the apartment, and.. slept. Which was a stupid thing for me to do, cause then I couldn't sleep that night. I ended up watching, No Reservations, on my computer in the middle of the night. Ha.

Granny and Jim are out and about today looking for a rental car, they want to get one so we can go out to the country side and all that...umm... should be interesting, I mean, its no big deal that we can't read the road signs, and have no idea where we are going.... it'll all be good. I don't know where all we'll go, or even where we'll sleep. But, it will be an adventure.

Hm, there are some things I've noticed about this place.
1. People seem to love dogs, I have seen people with dogs everwhere... they also don't clean up after their little doggies either.
2. There are a lot of stinkin' smokers here. I don't think I have ever seen so many people smoking!
3. There are some really tall people here... like... really tall.
4. Stay far, FAR away from the magazine stands... I repeat FAR.
5. They do not drive pickups here, I have seen one teeny weenie little pickup. And then yesterday I saw a Ford pickup, I found that odd, so I looked at the license plate, it read Florida... hmm.. wonder how they got it here. But yes, only cars and litle SUV type things will be seen here. It might be different out in the country though... I don't know. Oh, and a lot of people seem to drive stick. Ooo, Ooo! I did see one of those cars like off the Pink Panther movie yesterday... those are such weird looking little things, I want to drive one though!
6. Nobody obeys traffic laws, its kind of like whatever goes.
7. People do a lot of walking here
8. There are lots of people who ride bycyles, and motorcycles.

Umm... yeah, those are some of the things I have observed. I imagine though that other big cities like New York, and LA are like here too. I haven't ever been in any kind of major city until now, so it is all just new to me. Well, I have probably written enough nothingness for now. So,

SZIA!!

4 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Wow it sounds like you are having fun.
OK Here is the Mother thing...stay away from Drunk Brits! stay away from Magazine racks! Don't take up smoking! And obey all traffic laws.
Your Mother

Countrygirl said...

World traveler yank! Are you driving the rental? It's funny how the different cultures are, isn't it?
Since I'm a mother and your elder - I second what your Momma said - stay away from drunk Brits, magazine racks, don't smoke and watch where you step!
PS My s-i-l toured Europe one summer - she said "when they need to go - they go!" Be aware! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I, being your elder sister repeat Mama, and CountryGirl-
Stay away from drunk brits
Stay away from magazines
Don't smoke
Obey Traffic laws
Watch where you step
And beware of people, who 'go where ever'.
I will say, you are sure braver than I. I would have been petrified of the drunk brits, thinking about them robbing me or something. ANd then my suspicious mind started being suspicious when you were talking about the pizza dude. So yeah, I'm better off just staying in Artesia.

Joshua said...

Me, being the crazy, adventurous guy that I am says that you are having too much fun! Stop it! That is not cool. If you do this too much, you might want to travel too much and might just become a missionary and God surely doesn't want that. Haha. Not really. That is awesome. But I do agree, stay away from what you know is bad. Don't you dare start smoking. NEVER! I say you should ride a motorcycle out into the country side. Hehe. Sorry Ranch Wife. Soak it all up while you have the chance.

Keep reminding us of God's glory and how much His people need him. Be blessed,

Joshua