I am still here! and still figuring out this dang keyboard... ok and update...
Well, there isnt much to update. Yesterday we went walking around down the street, went into a couple of shops, ate some delicious ice cream, and such as that. This place absolutely facinates me! Just the buildings, the people... its crazy. Ha, and right down the street from us there is a topless bar... yikes! There is also a burger king, and and my grandma went down there earlier this morning and I got a burger. It was funny trying to order a burger in hungarian! the poor lady, and then coffee too. We have met a few people that speak english, like today in burger king, we met a really nice black lady who invited us to our church! she was just pretty cool, and before she left she gave us the two kiss on the cheek thing, ya know like you see on TV, haha. That was funny to me, everything it kind of funny, I got amused by this awesome shopping cart in the super market ealier, and just moved around so well, like... I cant even describe it, you could just move it side ways, and... I dont know, it was weird. I am not crazy just so you know.
Everything about this place is just different. I love listening to the people talk in Hungarian, and I wish so bad I knew what they were saying! and the ones that speak english talk to so, like the receptionist dude at the place we are staying talks so gosh darn cool, haha. And the weather is so nice and cool, it rained ealier, we woke up to thunder.
we havent really tried any bizzare food yet, but I do want to. Not only that but I want to go exploring so bad I can hardly stand myself!
I still cant put up pictures, because I have no way of using my computer, so that will have to wait until I get to the college.
So anyway, seems like I have more to say, but I had better get back. You all take care!
11 comments:
I love getting up and finding your updates! Makes my day. I am glad you are having such a good time. But DON"T GO WANDERING OFF ALONE!!!
Your Mother
PS I had to sit your daddy done and hold a cool cloth to his head when he read the part about the topless bar being just down the street. Needless to say...DONT'T GO DOWN THAT STREET..
Your daddy
LOL!!!!!! Do you realize you bounced topics from topless bar to shopping carts? Or was it the other way around...hmmm.... :P I agree, please stay off that street. As I go to the grocery store today I'll be dreaming of Hungarian shopping carts that roll smooth. Meanwhile, while you're off trying new Hungarian things, I'll be sitting here at home watching Little House on the Prairie and talking with your sister online. Don't worry about us though...
*grin*
Sounds like your having a fun time galavanting around the country. ;) Is Granny having a better time?
Sounds like your having a fun time galavanting around the country. ;) Is Granny having a better time?
*dies laughing* Mama said get used to it; over in Europe they believe in freedom to express your sexuality. =P it's legal too. creeeepy.
and I agree with Sterling. if you come back all smelly and hairy... I ain't talkin to you no more!
needless to say, I LOVE getting your emails. =D
I enjoyed your post, Sara, but nearly choked reading your mom's comment! So motherly - and fatherly!! Her advice is right on, though. Do try the local food. I think you will like it. I can't think of many things "Hungarian" right now except goulash, but if you run across "blinis" do try them. They are like little rolled up thin pancakes (crepes) filled with delicious stuff (usually sweet.) Hope you have a great day!
Sara, you crack me up! It sounds like you are enjoying "everything"! And you should - are you writing in down somewhere? I know on our last mission trip they suggested we keep a mission journal. Be safe, have fun, spread Jesus!
It was so good to hear from you Sara! The way you talked about everything made you sound so awestruck and excited...and the shopping cart/topless bar thing totally cracked me up (then cracked me up AGAIN when I read LeAnna's comment).
So glad you're having a good time, and will keep praying for you (and for Mom and Dad)!
You know, that topless bar is awesome! Not because of the fact that it is a topless bar, but because it gives you a great chance to go talk to lost people... outside of it of course. Hehe. All of it is awesome I am sure.
Wow
Aww poor daddy! ha, there is definitely some crazy stuff here... yikes.
Jennifer- yes granny is having a better time.
Caitlin- I am definitely finding out the freedom of sexuality thing, PDA is also a huge thing here. Yuck.
Cindi- Yes I am trying to write evertything down, it is just so hard to remember it all!
Post a Comment