What day is today.... umm.. oh yes, it is Thursday. Two more days and I will be at the college!
Today was the day... I got to ride a train! It turned out not to be to facinating or anything, since after all I had been on the metro numerous times. And that is kind of like how it was, but it is on top of ground so that just makes it better.
We took a train to... Szentendre. Don't ask me how to pronouce it. This town is about... 20 miles from here... I think. We went with plans of visiting a museum. But didn't get it done. Which is ok. I really enjoyed getting out of Budapest, and I got to see a little bit of the country side. It was gorgeous! rolling GREEN hills, I have never in my life seen so much green. And there is so many trees! I didn't realize it is so forestry. And the town itselfs was really neat, it had cobblestone streets. And was just real nice, and peaceful... I think we all enjoyed it. We even got to stop at this pastry shop and have this, oh so delicious cake. I really have got to learn to make it. We mainly just walked around town, looking at stuff. Then came back. On the train going over we met these two ladies from Los Angelos. They had already been to Prague, and Vienna. And now were going to tour Budapest for a few days. We talked to them the whole train ride over, they were very nice.
Yesterday Granny and I went to the Jewish... Synagogue... I don't know if I spelled that right or not. But anyway, we got to go inside and around and such. Inside was... insane, I can't wait to show pictures. We got to go through the Museum too, I cannot describe this building, it was huge. Our little tour lady told us about the Jews that had been killed there, and about how whenever it was under occupation the Synagogue was never bombed, but the Nazis used it for a stable, so I guess the inside had been completely torn up. But then some different countries (including the US) sent money and they got it fixed. There was a graveyard outside, and this momument, it was a weeping willow and on the leaves were names of thousands of Jews that had been killed in the Getto. It is really sad to think about all that stuff that was done to them... she told us a lot of stuff, I couldn't understand her half the time... but yea... That is another thing I will have to show pictures of.
Well, that is it for today, I am feeling extremely drowsy, hungry(hungry in Hungary... haha.)... and I think I need a bath, and some tylonal... tyleonal... ok, I don't know how to spell it, but yall know what I am talking about. So, until next time. Good bye.
4 comments:
What an interesting day. It all sounds so fun. Riding the train and I would love to have seen the cobblestone streets. That sounds like my kind of town. Can't wait to hear more, and see pictures.
Love you
~M~
I've had fun catching up! I've been in Colorado, and didn't have that easy of internet access. Can't wait to see your pictures, I bet it's so beautiful there. The architecture sounds amazing!!
Keep havin' fun!!
-LeAnna
Sounds like a fun, and interesting place!
That willow sounds kind of interesting... and depressing. You are almost to the college! Oh, and I just saw your sister. Like, on minute ago. She started crying because she misses you so bad. I had to take her outside and calm her down. She was making quite the scene in the Jahva House. Not really, but I did see her. Sounds like the country is beautiful.
Later,
Joshua
Post a Comment