Ok... so. Yesterday after I wrote we ended up taking a city tour thing called Hop on Hop Off. What you did is, ride the bus around to all these different places it went, get off at whatever place you wanted to see, then get on the next hop on hop off bus thing. We went to this royal palace thing (I so want to show pictures!!) spent a long time there, ate some goulash soup, then went into a art gallery thing there... ok... so... I wasnt very fond of that place, I got SO tired of seeing naked people statues and pictures!! it was the most disgusting thing EVER. I seriously felt like gouging my eyes out, I walked through it as fast as possible, then went and sat and waited for Granny and Jim. Ugh, stinkin... naked stuff, ick. -shudders- after that place we rode the bus around some more, and then... what did we do... Well, I think that was it, we rode around the rest of the time seeing a bunch of different places. It is so green here! it is just incredible, I dont think I have ever seen so much green. We got to see the chain bridge (the huge bridge that connects Buda and Pest) and a bunch of other buildings and such, and I cannot wait to show yall pictures! It is really all hard to put into words. We got in kind of late from that, discovered our luggage was here (WOO!!!) then we all crashed.
This morning I woke up took and shower, and... read... and read some more. Whenever my grandparents got up they got ready, and we went back on the city tour thing (the ticket was good for 24 hours) we didnt ever get off and look at anything that time, just rode around. Whenever we got back to the room, Jim stayed to take a nap, and me and granny walked all the way to the, House of Terror.
"House of Terror is a museum located at Andrássy út 60 in Budapest, Hungary. It contains exhibits related to the fascist and communist dictatorial regimes in 20th century Hungary and is also a memorial to the victims of these regimes, including those detained, interrogated, tortured or killed in the building.
They had a basement where you could go down into, and they had cells, and a a torture cell... boy was is creepy. We got to walk all in through out it, and I did take a few pictures... until I get hollered at and told "No pictures!" well fine... yeah, it was just eerie. Granny and I have been doing really well getting around here, we have figured out all kinds of stuff.
I have really gotton used to riding elevators, since we have to ride two to get to our room, I am not very fond of the things... they are just.. creepy. But the one is clear, so it isnt so bad, and small! my goodness. I am really ready to get out in the country though, this ranch girl is not liking the loudness of this big ole city! I mean sure, it is cool for a city, but it is so loud, and there are so many people. Give me the quietness of the country any day!
So, that is what we have done so far, oh and for dinner (lunch for some of you) we had greek food, we are in HUNGARY and we ate GREEK food. Whatever, it was good, nothing really bizzare. Just chicken and rice. Yup. Dang, I have to go, so much to do and say on here, and so little time! I have to go get ready for a Folk concert, and a boat ride down the Daube river! ohh and I think we might possibly go to Austria for the day tomorrow!
Bye for now!
7 comments:
OK I know I shouldn't but I have this mental picture of Granny and Jim doing the hop on/hop off thing and it just makes me laugh! I doubt there was much hopping on or off for them! Ha Ha
House of Terror.....makes me shudder to just read about it. But I bet it was interesting.
A boat ride...now that sounds wonderful as well as the concert.
And Austria! WoW. You do know that one of Granny's most fav. movies is the Sound of Music. I hope she doesn't break out into song and go leaping over the hillside. Ha Ha
HAve a great time.
Love
Mama
Oh Yeah..stay safe...no wandering off and talking to strangers. Just had to let my motherly instincts cut loose for a bit.
M
Sounds fun! Think of us in the dry, barren wasteland. As your running around the green countryside! :)
Ewwwww nakedness. -gags- Nasty. I would have closed my eyes and felt my way to an exit!
House of Terror. Isn't that just a pleasant stop while you're in enchanted Europe? =P Ugh that would be creepy. Looking into that cell knowing somebody was tortured in there. Yeuch.
AUSTRIA! Haha that's where my Omi was born and raised. =)
Boat ride? Folk music? AUSTRIA! AHHH! That's so cool. Sounds like you are having a blast on the other side of the world. I figure that when I am getting up in the morning, you are still running around all over Hungary. It is 2:00pm your time when I wake up. Kinda strange. Keep them grandparents in line and keep your focus.
Find a ride (hitchhike) out into the country. That would be so cool. But don't tell Ranch Wife I told you to. ;)
Joshua
Griff I am going to have to excercise my parental rights and bound and gag you and maybe tie you to an ant hill...if you mention...hitchhike out to the country to my daughter again! SHAME ON YOU!
~M~
haha. HITCHHIKE! DO IT! *runs and hides behind an... uh oh, ant hill.*
Post a Comment