Since my parents decided they wanted to get away from us children they picked up and left yesterday morning for Amarillo TX... I just can't believe they didn't take me... Anyways Friday night was Cowboy Church, we had a decent turn out, we just had food, and then my dad read a verse and talked about it and such. It was kind of more of a time for fellowship. So anyways Nathan and I went home with Jennifer and John for the weekend. Taylor came and stayed Saturday night.
Saturday we just kind of hung out, watched tv. Then we went out and I took Jennifer and Johns pictures... it was... interesting. They didn't want to be very coopertave. So the pictures didn't turn out quite how I had hoped, but oh well some of them were ok. After that we had some dinner... er I mean lunch. (we we call lunch dinner, and dinner supper.... so maybe your thinking we are weird... I don't think so, I just think we are the only normal ones) So anyways then we watched 'Ice age the meltdown' I do have to say, that was a some what amusing movie. I just love Scrat and Sid, Scrat is the coolest character. As me and Nathan watched that Jennifer and John layed down, they are such old people... ok.. so I admit I take naps too... hmm... Then we watched Flushed away... that movie was pretty stupid. But I loved the little worm, green slimy things... I'm still not exactly sure what they were.... hmmm.... but I liked them, they rocked :)
Well then we leave at like 3:40 or something like that and meet up with Taylor and a guy we know from church Bill and went dove hunting! At first it was kind of boring cause all we got to do was sit there... but then I started to enjoy it. I loved watching the guys get all excited whenever some dove flew by. They'd get to spinning around, which resulted in my sis going to me and Nathan.. "Get down! move. Look out!" I was thinking she was thinking that they were going to shoot us... can we say slighty paranoid? We yanked Nathan out of the way several times whenever she thought they were going to hit us. I got a kick out of it. Sad thing was whenever the guys would go off walking around or whatever all these dove would fly right by where me and Jen and Nathan were... we were in a serious need of a gun.
Then John let me shoot his shotgun some... I pretty much loved it :] I blasted some birds, right out of the sky. I hit 'em and then swirled in the air and SLAP right on the ground.... ok, ok so I never hit anything... but oh well... And then everybody thought I was going to shoot them... hmmm... I can't understand why they would think such a thing..... They all got scared whenever I got a hold of the gun, they had such little confidence in me. I really want shotgun now. Now I bet ya'll are all thinking that I'm going to tell ya'll that when I shot it it knocked me on my butt... that would be funny.. well to ya'll anyways... but HA! I did not get knocked on my butt :] HA! again. It was great though, I didn't want to stop, or give it back
. Well anyways it kind of started to get dark so we went to shoot some skeet. That is some fun stuff. I got one... out of like five... I think... hmmm. I was happy about that one though cause I've never actually gotton one :) And we even got Jennifer talked into doing it, she was scared at first, hehe. And then we all got to shoot Bill's pistol. I pretty much want one of those now too, it was AWESOME! Very addicting, I've wanted to shoot a pistol forever! and I finally got to do it. Well then it started getting way to dark. So John, Jen, Nathan, and myself loaded up our 12 doves and headed back to their house while Taylor took Bill back to the house to his jeep. Then he came over, and John cooked the dove... it was... different. I can honestly say I'm not a huge fan of the stuff. But it wasn't bad. Then we all stayed up watching some bull riders get slammed into the dirt, then went to bed. I slept, hard. Next morning we all be lazy bums and just kind of hang around. Watch the Fugitive. Then me and Taylor and Nathan head home after dinner... lunch, whatever. Hmmm so it that was my weekend... this was a long, and not so great post. Sorry about that. Now I'm thinking I'm probabl;y needing to go bed since I have work in the morning... hope I don't get bucked off.
5 comments:
Is beating a horse therapy? It seems to be when you get irritated. But just don't do it enough to get bucked off. I am sure you can hold on. It isn't like they are broncs or anything. ; ) You should have told me you wanted to shoot a pistol. I could have arranged that. What pistol did Bill have? It is probably better than the one I am holding on to. Glad you got to have a lazy weekend and have a little fun too.
Joshua
So,make fun of your older sister.I was just trying to watch out for Nathan,and myself.How was I to know that they would only shoot over our heads.Also,I was NOT scared to shoot John's gun.I simply didn't want to make a spectacle of myself,and have everybody make fun of me. So,yeah.Next time I'll stay home.
Hmmm I don't really know what kind of pistol it was :) I'll have to ask Taylor, haha. And and Jennifer I wasn't making fun of you :) I just thought it was kind of amusing.
Ok, wait... They shot over your head? I mean, the gun was in your direction, just pointed up? Please tell me I took that wrong.
Well I don't know if they ever acutally shot over our heads... I don't know, I don't remember...
Post a Comment