Thursday, September 13, 2007

My work morning...

So I get to tell ya'll about my... some what interesting day at work... Well I get up this morning, get ready then me and my mom head out. And me being the dunce that I am drove... ok I like to drive, but not with my mom...(I love her, but she is not fun to drive with... at all) I was going this morning and I was getting ready to turn, well there is a car about to go by. My mom says I can make it, then she says I can't, then she says I can. So I get kind of flustered and turn the wheel a little harder then I should have, I DID NOT jerk it. My Mom: "You can make that if you hurry, no you can't, wait yes
you can." (I
go to turn, flustered.) My Mom: "DON'T JERK THE
WHEEL!" Me: "I didn't!, I'm sorry!"
I repeat I DID NOT jerk the wheel. Anyways we get there, and there is not a soul there... hmmmm.... I'm wondering what is going on cause we are suposed to have clients. I work at a theraputic horseback riding center, so I work two days
a week. Monday I exercise the horses, Thursday I help out with the clients. Well
I cannot figure out what the heck was going on. So I just go ahead and go
capture one of the horses Harvey. I bring him in and do the usual: picking out
feet, brush and vacuum... yes we have a vacuum for the horses, putting on the
saddle such as that. I do all that and get up on him. We start out all slow and
easy, making him flex such as that.... then we have some fun....

This certain horse will sometimes be extremely onery. Today was one of those days. Well today I would try to get him into a trot, or lope and he'd get to flinging his head around and all like a idiot. So I grabbed the lead rope off one of the halters... Everytime he got to flinging that head, or anything else he didn't need to do I'd rear back and pop him on the butt as hard as I could with that leadrope. Now I'll admit I probably went about this allllll wrong, but sometimes I think pain does them a little good. Well about the second or third time I popped him, he decided to try and dump me. It was crazy! he jumped up, got to sunfishin, twisting and turning, and I'm up there, just a whooping and a hollering, spurring him and fanning my hat going "Yeee Heee!!!!"... Ummm... ok, ok so maybe that didn't quite happen... It was more of a cro hop then a buck.... But anyways, we went through that episode, well actually we went througha few... He actually did try and dump me about three times... but I did get a hold of him and he didn't get 'er done.

So we went outside and we have two alfala fields we ride in. I was in one and this horse kept trying to get a bite cause this stuff is pretty tall. The whole time you have me going.
"Harvey get your head up... Harvey! you little dummy get your dang head up!." We do this all the time... so I get my handy little additude ajuster, and everytime he goes for a bite I just popped him. It worked great! :) he learned. He jumped with me a couple of time... hmmmm... maybe I popped him a little hard.... Well I go back and ride him in the barn some more just to get him cooled off. And by this time he's pretty sweaty. I get off, get him unsaddled. And you know that the little brat tried to do to me while I was cleaning out his feet!? He tried to BITE me! Which resulted in me saying. "Harvey! you little jerk." And jabbing him in the nose with the screw driver... stinkin little horse.... But I am sad though cause he does happen to be my favorite and they are getting rid of him :( poor little baby...

Then we get to move on to CJ (Chubbs Junior) This horse is a BEAST! he is like a stinkin truck, it takes him a mile to get stopped... ok maybe not a mile but it sure does seem like it. Me and CJ have issues. He doesn't like me, and I don't like him. We go through the same thing whenever I'm riding him in the field. We are riding along, he ducks his head to get food and almost falls over himself. And I say. "CJ you stupid little... er big animal. Your going to fall all over yourself if you don't get that dang head up. CJ! CJ!!!! get that dad blasted head up!" Hmmm it's obvious I have issues... And yes I talk to my horses thank you. Well I get off of him and we go on about our day. Oh and I forgot everyone else did show up actually, our clients didn't show up until 10:30, so everyone came at 9, instead of 8.... So that was my morning with my wonderful horses.... I'm going to stop writing now cause I made this post waaaay longer then I meant.

Sara

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, well... I would have handled the whole head-flinging thing alot differently... I have had lots of trouble with horses doing that. Grrrr it's aggravating. Oh goodness, you did make me laugh, Sara... Did you get some good licks in? =D

Sara said...

Yeah I know I should have handled it differently. But I had less then a hour, so I had to do something.

Sara said...

Oh and I did get some good licks in :D hehe.

Anonymous said...

True truuuuuueee....

Joshua said...

Haha, you handled it 100 times better than my dad, but he has a horrible temperature with animals. Sounds like you had yourself a little fun. Oh, and the story about the first little episode... great story. However, I really can't see you pulling the whole wild west bucking horse image. It was a good image in my head though. Wow, I am laughing again. What color of socks are you wearing? ; )

Joshua

Sara said...

:] Well I happen to be wearing white socks at the moment, how about yourself? hahaha. Oh my goodness, I've just started laughing

Joshua said...

Well, when I read your comment, I was barefoot. So... invisible socks. *nods head* Haha, sounds like you have fun at work.

Sara said...

yeah it can be... somewhat interesting, and fun sometimes :]