Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Smelly, smelly dogs
Every single on of our dogs has discovered a dead cow that was behind our barn, and they ALL decided to roll in the dang thing... Why is it that dogs get such a thrill out of rolling in dead animals? Ginger decided to roll in a dead bird lastnight, then got her feelings hurt cause nobody would let her sleep with them because she smelled awful! she actually did rolled in the stinky thing twice, Nathan gave her a bath this morning then she got outside and did it again so I had to give her another bath... It took me forever to get her smelling nice... nasty dogs. And then when I went out for my run this morning they all came up and were trying to jump on me, and I kept trying to keep the vile smelling things away from me.... It is just something I do not understand... Do they think it makes them smell good? Well is sure as heck doesn't. But according to Rip and Snort the two coyote brothers from the wonderfully funny Hank the Cowdog books (ok so yeah they are kids books.... but I still like them) according to them rolling in dead things makes you smell good, and makes the ladies think you smell good... hmmm I'm not to sure about their thinking, it very well might attract the lady dogs.. or coyotes, but it sure doesn't attract humans...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is why I don't like pet animals. Animals are nasty and make messes. But I am weird like that. I like to say that I am an anti-conformist.
Well I like dogs... as long as they don't smell like dead animal ;)
Post a Comment